- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Walk on Mt Etna, Europe's highest active volcano
- See the continuous volcanic activity of Stromboli
- Discover the picturesque villages of the Aeolian Islands
- Walk around Vulcano's spectacular crater rim
Striking active volcanoes, black beaches, thermal springs, and a stunning cobalt sea make the Aeolians Islands a unique must-see destination. Exploring the varied landscape by boat and on foot is without doubt the best way to take in the natural beauty and contrasts of this part of Sicily. During the week we trek on the archipelago’s best islands: Lipari, with its archaeological ruins and lively harbour, Vulcano, with its craters and famous fumaroles, and fiery Stromboli, which will hopefully greet us with spectacular shows of its explosive activity. The trip culminates with a memorable trek on the famous Mount Etna (3350m), the highest and most active volcano in Europe. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Italy. Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again.
Day 1: Start Milazzo.
Day 2: Boat to Vulcano and trek to the crater to see the famous fumaroles; free
afternoon for bathing in Vulcano's hot springs, beaches and mud baths.
Day 3: Walk along Lipari's rugged southern coast; free time to explore Lipari
historic town and the archaeological museum; wine and produce tasting.
Day 4: Boat to Stromboli; free time to explore the island before a sunset hike to
the 'Sciara del Fuoco' (Stream of fire), to witness the volcanic activity.
Day 5: Free half day in Stromboli to visit the town or relax on the island's black
beaches; sunset trek to the summit of Stromboli.
Day 6: Travel to Etna’s southern slope; stop in charming Taormina en route.
Day 7: Walk the southern area of the Mount Etna or take an optional trek to the
summit crater (3350m); transfer and overnight in Catania.
Day 8: End Catania.
- 7 nights in hotels, apartments, and guesthouses , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- Travel by minibus, local buses, public, and private boats/hydrofoils
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Transfers for group flights
- 5 days guided walking; moderate/challenging treks on Etna and Stromboli
- Group normally 5 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Maximum altitude 3350m (on optional Etna summit trek), average 800m
- Stromboli summit trek led by volcanologist
- Any international flights to Milazzo and from Catania are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sicilian Volcanoes tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sicilian Volcanoes tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sicilian Volcanoes tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sicilian Volcanoes tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.