- duration 10 days
- tour type Cruise Tour
- age requirement 2+ years old
Uncover the enchanted beauty and breathtaking history of Venice and Northern Italy.
Set sail from stunning Milan and disembark in romantic Venice. These two legendary cities (Milan—home to Da Vinci’s The Last Supper, and Venice—the “Queen of the Adriatic”) will bookend unforgettable experiences set along Northern Italy’s exquisite coastline.
Travel from dynamic Milan to romantic Venice and treat yourself to a private evening opening and lighting ceremony at St. Mark’s Basilica. Depart the enchanting “City of Water” to explore the waterfront shops, colorful facades and peaceful canals unique to Burano, Mazzorbo and Torcello. Farther south, discover Chioggia—a charming southern port loved by fisherman, artists and anyone looking for unique gifts or souvenirs. Head inland to enjoy a multicourse lunch, complete with decadent wine pairings, at a historic wine estate in the vineyards of Valpolicella. Enjoy additional shopping time in “bountiful” Bologna and medieval Padua, once home to Galileo and Copernicus. Your “Gems of Northern Italy” venture wouldn't be complete without a visit to UNESCO-designated Ferrara and Verona, the famed city of Romeo and Juliet.
Note: To maximize your Venetian experience, plan to walk by foot whenever possible and avoid taking water-based transportation, which is slower, less-efficient and often costly.
Who will enjoy this cruise/tour
This itinerary is ideal for experienced travelers who enjoy walking to the many sights in Northern Italy. Many of these experiences are best discovered on foot. Romantics, connoisseurs of food & wine, and lovers of art & architecture will love this adventure.
Generations Family Program (select sailings)
Share the enchantment of this region with the younger people traveling with you. These cruise/tours not only feature unique, fun-filled adventures for families to enjoy together, they are also packed with culturally and historically significant experiences designed to spark creativity and curiosity.
Day 1: Milan
Day 2: Milan
Day 3: Milan (Verona/Valpolicella), Transfer to Venice (Embark)
Day 4: Venice
Day 5: Chioggia
Day 6: Polesella (Bologna or Ferrara)
Day 7: Porto Viro, Chioggia, Burano
Day 8: Venice Islands (Torcello, Mazzorbo, Burano)
Day 9: Venice
Day 10: Venice (Disembark)
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the impressive S.S. La Venezia
- 2 nights in Milan at Starhotel Rosa Grand (or similar) with breakfast
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 8 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided "Do as the Locals Do" and "Let's Go" programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 1 country: Italy
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture
- Exclusive Generations Family Program on select summer departures
- Any international flights to Milan and from Venice are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Gems of Northern Italy tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Uniworld. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 119 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 340 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 120 days before departure. For any departures within 17 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Gems of Northern Italy tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gems of Northern Italy tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.