- Explore Middelburg's most famous square and accompanying town hall
- Learn why the town hall is nicknamed "Crazy Beth"
- Take in many stunning monuments while discovering well-known sites like "Long John”
- See the city's small palace, Van de Perre Huis
Explore the very best of Middelburg on this walking tour. Begin from Middelburg's most important plaza, Market Square, and discover the town's gothic town hall. The town hall took almost 100 years to build and it is a fine example of gothic architecture. The building took several generations of an architectural family to complete and it was finally finished in 1520. Learn about the hall's belfry, nicknamed "Crazy Beth", as the time on the clock tends to run late compared to "Long John", the other clock tower in Middelburg.
Afterwards, head out on a walk through the historic streets of Middelburg, while taking in famous monuments such as the Sint Joris Militia building. Continue on towards the city's palace, the Van de Perre Huis, all while learning the history of the medieval city. Discover how Middelburg became the capital of Zeeland and take in a handful of its 1,100 stunning monuments.
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.