- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-40631
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Starts/Ends Mexico City, Mexico/ Tulum, Mexico
- Hop on a boat tour and cruise through Sumidero Canyon.
- Listen for howler monkeys as you explore the Mayan ruins of Palenque in the jungle.
- Go for a dip in the Lagoon of the Seven Colours at Bacalar.
- Take a guided tour of Chichen Itzá
This 14-day adventure through the heart of Mexico has so much to love. Kicking off in its buzzing capital and wrapping up on the white sands of the Mayan Riviera, you’ll eat your way through endless tacos and mole, exploring the country’s epic mountains, jungles, and waterfalls too. Throw in some ancient Mayan ruins like Palenque and Chichen Itzá — not to mention storied traditions and some of the friendliest people ever — and you have yourself a recipe for one tasty, tasty trip.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Mexico City/Oaxaca
Day 4: Oaxaca
Day 5: Oaxaca/San Cristóbal
Day 6: San Cristóbal
Day 7: San Cristóbal
Day 8: San Cristóbal/Palenque
Day 9: Palenque
Day 10: Palenque/Bacalar
Day 11: Bacalar
Day 12: Bacalar/Valladolid
Day 13: Valladolid/Tulum
Day 14: Tulum
- Simple hotels/hostels (12 nts), overnight bus (1 nt).
Note: Allow USD350-455 for meals not included.
- Public bus, private vehicle, overnight bus, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Alebrijes Artisan Community Visit, Oaxaca Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Oaxaca Market Visit With CEO, Oaxaca Your Discover Moment: San Cristobal de Las Casas - Free Time, San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Mexico City street food crawl. Alebrijes Artisan Community visit. Boat trip to Sumidero Canyon. Stop at Roberto Barrios Waterfall for a swim. Tour the Mayan ruins in Palenque. A catamaran adventure into a gorgeous lagoon in Bacalar. Chichen Itzá ruins guided tour. Free time in Mexico City, Oaxaca, Palenque, San Cristóbal de las Casas. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your G for Good Moment: Alebrijes Artisan Community Visit, Oaxaca
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Oaxaca Market Visit With CEO, Oaxaca
- Your Discover Moment: San Cristobal de Las Casas - Free Time, San Cristóbal de Las Casas
- Mexico City street food crawl
- Alebrijes Artisan Community visit
- Boat trip to Sumidero Canyon
- Stop at Roberto Barrios Waterfall for a swim
- Tour the Mayan ruins in Palenque
- A catamaran adventure into a gorgeous lagoon in Bacalar
- Chichen Itzá ruins guided tour
- Free time in Mexico City, Oaxaca, Palenque, San Cristóbal de las Casas
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Tulum are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Viva Mexico: Ancient Ruins & the Mayan Riviera tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Viva Mexico: Ancient Ruins & the Mayan Riviera tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 December 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Viva Mexico: Ancient Ruins & the Mayan Riviera tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Viva Mexico: Ancient Ruins & the Mayan Riviera tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
What do I need to travel to Mexico?
To enter Mexico, you will need a valid passport or travel document and a completed Multiple Migratory Form (FMM). Immigration officers may also request additional documents like return tickets, hotel reservations, letters of invitation or acceptance, etc., depending on the purpose of your visit. It is vital that you keep your FMM safe because it is also required when you leave the country.
How many days should I spend in Mexico?
Seven days will be enough if you plan to cram all the major highlights into your Mexico itinerary. However, you would need more time if you prefer an in-depth exploration of Mexico, its culture, and its people. Our guide on how many days to spend in Mexico provides a detailed answer to your question.
- Do the people of Mexico speak English?
- What is the best month is to visit Mexico?
Is Mexico a family-friendly destination?
Yes. Mexico is one of the best places to visit with family. The culture is family-oriented, and most tourist destinations would welcome your kids with open arms. The attractions in cities like Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Tulum, Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta are super family-friendly. You can rest assured that adults and kids alike would never run out of things to see and do.