- Food tour
- Beer and drinks tasting
- Local culture
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Street Tacos Sample Mexico City's soft corn tortillas, filled with tasty local ingredients
- Caldo de Piedra Try this fish soup, prepared through one of the most ancient cooking methods in the world
- Making tamales Hosted by Antonia and her indigenous family in Zinacantan see the traditional methods of creating these cornbased delicacies
- The Yucatan Peninsula See how ceviche is prepared in Campeche, the best place in Mexico to try this marinated fish dish
A 2-week adventure to discover one of the world's finest cuisines! You'll start in the Capital City trying some of the best street food that Mexico has to offer. Moving across the country, you'll sample some of the regional specialities, such as 'mole poblano' and 'tlayudas' and a twist on the classic quesadillas. Discover the many ways that food plays a huge part in the local traditions, as well as the history behind this fascinating country. Mexican cooking class - Prepare a classic dish with a mother and son team, using a selection of fresh ingredients that you'll purchase from one the many local food markets. Making tamales - Learn the traditional methods of creating these corn-based delicacies with a local family in Zinacantan. Street Tacos - Sample Mexico City's soft corn tortillas, filled with tasty local ingredients
Day 1 : Join trip in Mexico City
Day 2 : Explore Mexico City and try street tacos for lunch
Day 3 : Visit Pyramids of Teotihuacan, continue to Puebla
Day 4 : Try mole poblano, afternoon drive to Oaxaca
Day 5 : Explore the food markets and taste mezcal
Day 6 : Try making Mexican classics in a morning cooking class, free afternoon to visit Monte Alban
Day 7 : Drive to Chiapa del Corzo
Day 8 : Learn to make tamales en route to San Cristobal
Day 9 : Visit the markets; afternoon free for optional chocolate making workshop
Day 10 : Drive from highlands to rainforests of Palenque
Day 11 : Visit Mayan Palenque; try ceviche en route to Campeche in the Yucatan
Day 12 : Drive into the Yucatan to Merida via the temples of Uxmal
Day 13 : Visit Izamal; afternoon visit to food markets
Day 14 : Trip ends in Merida
- 8 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Hotel Fontan (2 nights)
- Hotel Colonial De Puebla (1 night)
- Oaxaca real (3 nights)
- Hotel la Ceiba (1 night)
- Hotel Arrecife (2 nights)
- Hotel Maya Tulipanes (1 night)
- Hotel Mision Campeche (1 night)
- Hotel Colonial (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Merida are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tastes of Mexico tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 79+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tastes of Mexico tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tastes of Mexico tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tastes of Mexico tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.