- Mexico City: The enormous, bustling capital city maintains its colonial charm and offers a vibrant and eclectic atmosphere.
- Teotihuacan: Behold the vast scale of this wellpreserved ancient city dominated by the 2,000yearold Pyramid of the Sun.
- Puebla: Puebla impresses with itscombination of history, culture, tradition, beauty and modernity, with touches of art and buildings full of colours.
- Jalpan de Serra: Enjoy a unique experience in Jalpan, where the Baroque style Santiago Apostol church and Queretaro mission route gate are located.
Experience this eclectic nine-day self-drive tour through central Mexico! Begin the journey with a guide in Mexico City during the first four days, followed by five days of self-drive to explore the country on your own. Use our recommended itinerary to see some beautiful places around the country that are sure to impress. With fascinating archaeological sites, lush natural paradises and awe-inspiring towns, this trip is the perfect combination.
Day 1: Arrival Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Mexico City – Teotihuacan Pyramids – Mexico City
Day 4: Mexico City – Puebla (155km – 3 Hrs)
Day 5: Puebla – Santa Maria Regla (180km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 6: Santa Maria Regla – San Juan Del Rio (210km – 3 Hrs)
Day 7: San Juan Del Rio – Jalpan De Serra (180km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Jalpan
Day 9: Jalpan – Depart Queretaro Airport (170km – 3.25 Hrs)
- 8 nights' accommodationACCOMMODATION OPTIONS
- Day 1-3 Mexico City:
- Standard Hotel Category = Majestic or similar 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Emporio Reforma or similar 4.5*
- Day 4 Puebla:
- Standard Hotel Category = Colonial Puebla
- Superior Hotel Category = Quinta Real Puebla or similar 5*
- Day 5 Huansca de Ocampo, Hidalgo
- Standard Hotel Category = Hacienda Santa Maria Regla or similar 4*
- Superior Hotel Category = Hacienda Santa Maria Regla or similar 4*
- Day 6 San Juan del Rio, Queretaro
- Standard Hotel Category = Mision San Gil 3*
- Superior Hotel Category = Mision San Gil 3*
- Day 7 and 8 Jalpan de Serra
- Standard and Superior Hotel Category = Mision Jalpan or similar 3*
- CAR HIRE OPTIONS
- Car Group A = Chevrolet Beat A/C or similar
- Car Group C = Chevrolet Aveo A/C Automatic or similar
- Meet & Greet on day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- International / domestic flight tickets, Mexican visa fees or local taxes
- Border taxes
- Airport departure tax
- Motorway tolls and parking fees
- Entrance fees or optional excursions
- Transfers and/or guide services
- Medical insurance
- NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE
- Windows and wheels insurance (WWI)
- Personal Accident insurance (PAI)
- None of the coverages mentioned above include charges for towing, lockup, or traffic tickets
- Gas refill
- Additional or young drivers (18 to 24 years of age) will need to pay an extra daily charge.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nature And Charming Towns, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 September 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 September 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nature And Charming Towns, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nature And Charming Towns, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.