- Active and outdoor
- Self-drive or vehicle rental
- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- max group size 2
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Mexico City: The enormous, bustling capital city maintains its colonial charm and offers a vibrant and eclectic atmosphere.
- Teotihuacan: Behold the vast scale of this wellpreserved ancient city dominated by the 2,000yearold Pyramid of the Sun.
- Puebla: Puebla impresses with its combination of history, culture, tradition, beauty and modernity, with touches of art and buildings full of colours.
- Jalpan de Serra: Enjoy a unique experience in Jalpan, where the Baroque style Santiago Apostol church and Queretaro mission route gate are located.
Experience this eclectic nine-day self-drive tour through central Mexico! Begin the journey with a guide in Mexico City during the first four days, followed by five days of self-drive to explore the country on your own. Use our recommended itinerary to see some beautiful places around the country that are sure to impress. With fascinating archaeological sites, lush natural paradises and awe-inspiring towns, this trip is the perfect combination.
Day 1: Arrival Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Mexico City – Teotihuacan Pyramids – Mexico City
Day 4: Mexico City – Puebla (155km – 3 Hrs)
Day 5: Puebla – Santa Maria Regla (180km – 2.5 Hrs)
Day 6: Santa Maria Regla – San Juan Del Rio (210km – 3 Hrs)
Day 7: San Juan Del Rio – Jalpan De Serra (180km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Jalpan
Day 9: Jalpan – Depart Queretaro Airport (170km – 3.25 Hrs)
- 8 nights' accommodation
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Mexico City tour, Aztec room in the Anthropological Museum, Teotihuacan archaeological site, Guadalupe Shrine, Puebla-Tonantzintla-Cholula tour
- 8 breakfasts
- Air-conditioned transportation with pick-up/drop-off as indicated in the itinerary in Mexico City on a shared basis
- Transfer from hotel in Puebla to Rent a car office in Puebla
- (B2B - insurance) 100% covered from the commercial value of the vehicle for collision or theft. Includes cover tires, mirrors or car glasses (windows)
- LDW (Collision coverage with a 0% deductible of the total value of the car). This is a protection of damage to the vehicle derived from car accidents and/or weather hazards and total theft. Excludes damages and partial theft caused by vandalism, insurrection, strikes, coup d'état, or any other political or social movement (it doesn´t cover tires, crystals or rear-view mirrors)
- One additional driver free of charge (both drivers have to be 25 years or older)
- Operated with bilingual: English and Spanish-speaking licensed local guide in Mexico City on a shared basis from day 2 to day 4
- From day 5 in Puebla to day 9 in Queretaro
- Lease and unlimited mileage
- ALI (Coverage for protection of damage to third parties, excluding passengers and their belongings. According to Mexican Laws, this coverage is mandatory)
- Tax to added value (VAT).
- Phone assistance in case you need directions
- Tax to added value (VAT).
- Meet & Greet on day 1
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- International / domestic flight tickets, Mexican visa fees or local taxes
- Border taxes
- Airport departure tax
- Motorway tolls and parking fees
- Entrance fees or optional excursions
- Transfers and/or guide services
- Medical insurance
- NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE
- Windows and wheels insurance (WWI)
- Personal Accident insurance (PAI)
- None of the coverages mentioned above include charges for towing, lockup, or traffic tickets
- Gas refill
- Additional or young drivers (18 to 24 years of age) will need to pay an extra daily charge.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nature And Charming Towns, Self-drive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nature And Charming Towns, Self-drive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nature And Charming Towns, Self-drive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.