- duration 28 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Mexico City, Mexico, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Get under the skin of Central America on this in depth adventure holiday. Starting in Mexico City, journey through the vibrant country of Mexico before experiencing the diverse cultures of Belize and Guatemala. Explore ancient Maya ruins such as Chichén Itzá and the breathtaking site of Tikal, while learning all about the history of Central America. Relax on the white sandy beaches of Playa del Carmen and Caye Caulker, before ending your adventure in the nature packed Costa Rica. Walk above the clouds, zipline through lush forest and witness tropical animals such as the sloth, monkeys and of course, the toucan.
Day 1: Arrive Mexico City
Day 2: Puebla & The Ancient Site of Teotihuacan
Day 3: Oaxaca
Day 4: Oaxaca & The Temples of Monte Alban
Day 5: Fly to Merida
Day 6: Merida
Day 7: Playa del Carmen via Chichén Itzá
Day 8: Playa del Carmen
Day 9: Caye Caulker
Day 10: Caye Caulker
Day 11: San Ignacio
Day 12: San Ignacio
Day 13: Flores & The Maya Site of Tikal
Day 14: Fly to Antigua
Day 15: Fly to San José
Day 16: Manuel Antonio
Day 17: Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 18: Monteverde
Day 19: Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
Day 20: La Fortuna
Day 21: La Fortuna
Day 22: La Fortuna
Day 23: Tortuguero
Day 24: Tortuguero
Day 25: Cahuita
Day 26: Cahuita
Day 27: San José
Day 28: Depart San José
- 25 night(s) in hotels, 2 night(s) in lodges
- 22 Breakfast(s)
- Taxi, Foot, Public Bus, Tourist Bus, flight(s), Ferry, Private Vehicle, Tuk-Tuk, Boat
- Entrance and guided tour of Teotihuacan
- Entrance and guided tour of Monte Alban
- Entrance and guided tour of Chichen Itza
- Entrance and guided tour of Tikal
- Entrance to Manuel Antonio National Park
- Entrance to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Entry and guided boat tour to Tortuguero National Park (approx 2.5 hours)
- Trip Leader throughout the tour
- Visas and travel insurance
- Spending money ampndash budget for meals snacks drinks limited souvenirs laundry tips and any extras
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 121+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mexico to Costa Rica tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 April 2021, a deposit of 1000 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mexico to Costa Rica tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mexico to Costa Rica tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour will not have larger group sizes than maximum 10 to 12 people to protect against COVID-19. Local authorities’ requirements in this regard will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.