- Festivals and events
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Day of the Dead festival in Romerillo Mexico's intense culinary and artistic traditions
- From ancient temples and cities to colonial town
- Highlands, jungles and coastlines
Few countries can compete with Mexico when it comes to unleashing the inner Indiana Jones in each of us. Jungle clad temples and abandoned ancient civilisations make way to colonial era towns with cobbled streets and Spanish architecture. This fusion of history has led to Mexico’s unique culture from the art of Frida Kahlo to Oaxaca’s succulent cuisine. Uncover the country’s historical and cultural layers as we journey from the highlands of Mexico City to the jungles and beaches of the Yucatan via the lands of Aztecs, Zapotec, Mayas and Conquistadors.This relates to the special Day of the Dead Festival departure which is one day longer and spends the day celebrating the Day of the Dead festivities in Romerillo.
Day 1: Start Mexico City
Day 2: Coyoacan Neighbourhood, Frida Kahlo and Xochimilco Canals
Day 3: Teotihuacan and Mexico City's Old Town
Day 4: Museum of Anthropology and History; Palacio Nacional; on to Puebla
Day 5: Puebla city tour and on to Oaxaca
Day 6: Monte Alban and Oaxaca
Day 7: Learn how to create popular Mexican dishes
Day 8: Teotitlan del Valle, Mescal tasting and on to Tehuantepec
Day 9: To San Cristobal
Day 10: Free day in San Cristobal
Day 11: Day of the Dead Traditions and Festival in Romerillo
Day 12: To Palenque via Agua Azul
Day 13: Palenque Ruins, on to Campeche
Day 14: Uxmal, traditional lunch and Merida
Day 15: Tixkokob craft village, Izamal magic town and on to Chichen Itza
Day 16: Chichen Itza visit; on to Cancun; end Cancun
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 2 lunches
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Cancún are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mexico: Mayans, Aztecs & Conquistadors Day of the Dead Festival (Romerillo) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 171+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mexico: Mayans, Aztecs & Conquistadors Day of the Dead Festival (Romerillo) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mexico: Mayans, Aztecs & Conquistadors Day of the Dead Festival (Romerillo) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mexico: Mayans, Aztecs & Conquistadors Day of the Dead Festival (Romerillo) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.