- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Let your expert guide bring 700 years of history back to life as you uncover littleknown facts and hidden hotspots, from Aztecs to art, in one of the biggest cities in the Americas.
- Visit iconic sites like the Templo Mayor and the Metropolitan Cathedral – the biggest cathedral on the continent – and see one of Diego Rivera's most famous murals at Museo Mural.
- Head out of Mexico City to learn about Teotihuacan culture, from preHispanic pyramids through to modern handicrafts.
- Explore local towns and visit two independent, familyrun businesses where you can pick up authentic, locally made (or grown) souvenirs such as tequila, candy and cacti.
Navigate your way through Mexico’s enormous and vivacious capital on this jam-packed Short Break Adventure. Set out on a city tour and become privy to the history surrounding the stunning sights of one of the biggest cities in the Americas, then wander the stalls of Mercado de San Juan and be overwhelmed by the incredible array of produce on display. Venture out of the city and experience the incredible Aztec ruins of Teotihuacan with a knowledgeable local guide, then be welcomed into a family home to share some authentic dishes bursting with local flavours. In spare time, simply chill out with a tequila or two, and let this city’s ambience overtake you.
- Hotel (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Public bus , Metro
- An expert tour leader
- Mexico City Tour - Urban Adventures
- Hidden Teotihuacan & Dinner with the locals - Urban Adventures
- Any international flights to/from Mexico City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mexico City Stopover tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 18+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mexico City Stopover tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mexico City Stopover tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mexico City Stopover tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is what we call a Short Break Adventure – a getaway that’s all organised but doesn’t have the same structure as what you may expect from an Intrepid trip. Each day a small-group day tour is scheduled, you’ll be met by a local representative. Your transfers and accommodation are all taken care of, but you won’t have a group leader or the same travel pals for the duration of your break. The best thing is that these trips run on a join-in basis, which means there’s a minimum of one person to guarantee a departure – so you could get this local knowledge all to yourself!
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements