- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy an unforgettable night out in Mexico City
- Put your wrestler mask on and cheer on your new favourite wrestler at a lucha libre freestyle wrestling match
- Visit the Tequila and Mezcal Museum and get clued up about Mexican drinking culture from your local guide
- Sing and dance your heart out to the sounds of Mariachi and other Mexican rhythms at the Mexican musician square
Get amongst Mexico's Holy Trinity of entertainment: Cantinas, Mariachi and Lucha Libre wrestling. Sip some tequila at a cantina, shuffle and sway to Mariachi music, and watch masked wrestlers dive, fly, writhe, and grandstand for the audience - all on this Mexico City tour you'd be loco to miss.
Ready to get up close and personal with one of Mexico’s most popular sports? It’s going to get exciting!
Our unique Mexico City tour (say that ten times fast!) starts at a typical Mexican pub called a cantina. Here, you’ll enjoy a couple drinks (at your own expense) and get to know the rest of the travelers on your tour. Most importantly, though, your local Urban Adventures guide will give you a briefing of what’s in store for the rest of the evening, including the basic rules of the eccentric lucha libre.
As we drink, you’ll learn about the story of tequila and mezcal, and your guide will get you up to date on Mexico’s world famous party culture, from mariachis and jarochos to banda music.
To keep the excitement of the night going, we’ll head to another cantina by the Mexican musician’s square of Garibaldi, where we will experience Mexican Mariachi music and many other Mexican music bands. We’ll enjoy the atmosphere of the square for about an hour before heading out to the arena to support the best “Luchadores” of the country.
Lucha libre (aka Mexican wrestling), is the second-most watched sport in Mexico, and hands down one of the most exciting things you can do while visiting Mexico City. For a truly local experience, we’ll hop on the subway to the Arena Mexico to catch the fight. We’ll get you good seats in the arena so you can truly live the experience and see the best matches of the night.
Immerse yourself in the crazy, exciting, energetic atmosphere of the arena and really get into it - scream and whistle whatever you want, while you experience unique and dramatic lucha libre moves like La Quebradora, El Martineta, La Segadora, and many others. You’ll watch some of the best wrestlers in the country in an experience that will leave you awestruck for the two hours you spend at the lucha libre.
At the end of this unreal experience, you will have time to buy some souvenirs, like the mask of the best wrestler you saw in the show, so you can take some fun photos with your masks on.
After all the dancing, singing, drinking, and cheering, we’ll be ready to go back to where it all began, our meeting point, where your guide will offer suggestions for where to continue the party. If you prefer to hit the hay, you can take a cab back to your hotel with the help of your local tour guide.
- public transportation
- Local bilingual tour guide
- Visit to different cantinas
- a souvenir wrestler mask and entrance fees to the lucha libre.
- Items of a personal nature
- all food and beverage
- entrance fee to the clubs
- tips/gratuities for the guide and waiters.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Mexican Night Out: Cantinas, Mariachi & Lucha Libre tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 December 2020, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mexican Night Out: Cantinas, Mariachi & Lucha Libre tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mexican Night Out: Cantinas, Mariachi & Lucha Libre tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Museo Mexicano del Diseño (www.mumedi.org)Francisco I Madero No. 74, Col. Centro Histórico, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 1600.Meeting end point :
MUMEDI (Museo Mexicano del Diseño)Francisco I Madero No. 74Col. Centro HistóricoDelegación Cuauhtémoc México D.F.C.P. 1600 www.mumedi.org COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.