- Local culture
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Palenque Arguably the most enchanting of the ancient Maya ruins, set in dense jungle
- San Cristobal de las Casas A beautiful highland colonial market town, surrounded by modern day Maya villages
- Chichen Itza One of the New Seven Wonders of the World, and an astounding display of grand MayaToltec architecture
- Sumidero Canyon A towering gorge, snaking through the Chiapas state
A perfect introduction to Mexico starting off in the capital, journeying through the country's natural and archaeological highlights, and ending up at the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen. Along the way, explore the pyramids of Teotihuacan, the incredible Maya sites of Palenque and Chichen Itza, as well as the colonial market town of San Cristobal, before finishing at the coast for some well-earned relaxation time. Chichen Itza - Discover the infamous ancient ruins of one of the new Seven Wonders of the World San Cristobal de las Casas - Walk through the colourful markets of this well preserved colonial town Roberto Barrios waterfalls - Swim in the naturally formed pools and stunning series of falls near Palenque.
Day 1 : Join trip in Mexico City
Day 2 : Visit the Teotihuacan Pyramids; city tour of Mexico City
Day 3 : Fly to Tuxtla Airport; boat trip through the Sumidero Canyon en route to San Cristobal
Day 4 : Visit nearby indigenous villages; free afternoon to explore San Cristobal
Day 5 : Travel to Palenque via the Roberto Barrios waterfalls
Day 6 : Discover the important Maya site of Palenque; continue by bus to Campeche
Day 7 : Visit the ancient Maya city of Uxmal and drive to Merida
Day 8 : Explore Chichen Itza and head to Playa del Carmen
Day 9 : Trip ends in Playa del Carmen
- 5 Breakfasts
- Hotel Fontan (2 nights)
- Hotel Arrecife (2 nights)
- Hotel Maya Tulipanes (1 night)
- Hotel Mision Campeche (1 night)
- Hotel Colonial (1 night)
- Hacienda Del Caribe (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Playa Del Carmen are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Mexico tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Mexico tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Mexico tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Mexico tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.