- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Marvel at the stunning jungle ruins of Palenque
- Enjoy the world famous beach resort of Cancun
- Experience the Sun and Moon pyramids at Teotihuacan & the rarefied climes of San Cristobal de la Casas
- Journey to the fascinating ruins of Chichen Itza
An amazing cultural odyssey discovering Mexico's diverse and rich cultural past. This extraordinary touring adventure encompasses the highlights of Mexico’s diverse and rich cultural past. Discover a fascinating history going back thousands of years through the Mayan, Aztec and Olmec cultures that have left Mexico with a rich heritage of stunning archaeological sites. The Mayan culture is immediately apparent near Mexico City where we view the huge Sun and Moon pyramids at Teotihuacan. We travel on to Oaxaca to discover the cultural ancestry of the Zapotec people and spend time in the rarefied climes of San Cristobal de la Casas and the magnificent Sumidoro Canyon. From there we visit the stunning jungle ruins of Palenque, with its dramatic Mayan step pyramid architecture and Chichen Itza, recently declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Complete this remarkable journey on one of the most famous beach resort cities in the world, Cancun.
Day 1 : Arrive Mexico City
Day 2 : City tour & Museum of Anthropology
Day 3 : Pyramids of Teotihuacán
Day 4 : Mexico City to Puebla and Oaxaca
Day 5 : Monte Alban & Mitla
Day 6 : Boat ride in the Sumidero Canyon, onto San Cristobal De Las Cases
Day 7 : San Cristobal De Las Cases
Day 8 : Agua Azul waterfalls, onto Palenque
Day 9 : Palenque archaeological site, to coastal town of Campeche
Day 10 : Uxmal Maya archaeological site, the 'white city' of Merida
Day 11 : Chichen Itza, onto Cancun
Day 12 : Cancun
Day 13 : Trip concludes in Cancun
- Comfortable well located accommodation on a twin-share basis
- 12 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- Arrival transfer on Day 1
- All transfers and excursions as mentioned in itinerary, operated in seat-in-vehicle basis (all vehicles are air-conditioned)
- Expert local bilingual guides (tour will be conducted in English and Spanish and the group size might vary on the different sections on this trip)
- Sightseeing and site entrance fees as listed
- Departure transfer on Day 13
- Items of a personal nature ie laundry, phone calls
- Drinks of any kind (e.g. bottled water, soft drinks, beers etc)
- International flights & airport and border taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 90+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Mexico tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 September 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Mexico tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Mexico tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.