- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 45 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-16948
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- There's nothing quite like eating with a local family to really experience a place. At San Juan La Laguna, you'll be experiencing traditional Guatemalan hospitality while improving your Spanish with the locals.
- Head deep into the jungle and experience the lush wilderness and cultural significance of Palenque and Lacanja – a real Indiana Jones moment.
- Visit the historic site of Chichen Itza to understand why these ancient Maya ruins are one of the new Seven Wonders of the World.
- Island life doesn’t get much better than Ometepe in Nicaragua – volcanoes, wildlife-rich rainforest, stunning beaches, ancient rock carvings, and a massive lake are all on your plate.
- Central America likes to keep you on your toes – hike, cycle or zip-line through the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde in Costa Rica and get up close with nature in one of the world’s most incredible landscapes.
It doesn’t get much bigger than this. A 45-day adventure enjoying everything Central America has to offer, from Mexico through to Costa Rica with all the places in between – you better Belize it. Whether you're hitting the waves in El Salvador, trekking the steamy cloud forests in Costa Rica, snorkelling the pristine underwater worlds in Belize or washing down your tacos with mezcal in Mexico, there's no shortage of unforgettable experiences on this trip. You’ll cover six countries, stopping at dozens of towns and beaches and sipping many (many) cervezas. Oh Maya, this is huge.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Oaxaca
Day 4: Oaxaca
Day 5: Oaxaca / Overnight bus
Day 6: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 7: San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 8-9: Lacanja River
Day 10: Palenque
Day 11: Merida
Day 12: Merida
Day 13: Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen
Day 14: Playa del Carmen
Day 15: Tulum
Day 16: Tulum
Day 17: Caye Caulker
Day 18: Caye Caulker
Day 19: Caye Caulker
Day 20: San Ignacio
Day 21: San Ignacio
Day 22: Tikal National Park
Day 23: Rio Dulce
Day 24: Rio Dulce
Day 25: Antigua
Day 26: Chichicastenango / Lake Atitlan
Day 27: Lake Atitlan
Day 28: Antigua
Day 29: Antigua
Day 30: Cerro Verde
Day 31: Cerro Verde
Day 32: San Miguel
Day 33: Leon
Day 34: Granada
Day 35: Granada
Day 36: Ometepe Island
Day 37: Ometepe Island
Day 38: San Juan del Sur
Day 39: San Juan del Sur
Day 40: Monteverde
Day 41: Monteverde
Day 42: La Fortuna
Day 43: La Fortuna
Day 44: San Jose
Day 45: San Jose
- Hotel (32 nights), Overnight public bus (1 night), Cabin (2 nights), Multishare lodge (2 nights), Multishare Hotel (3 nights), Multishare Hostel (2 nights), Camping (2 nights)
- 4 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Local bus , Taxi , Shared boat , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Mexico City - Leader-led Taco Crawl
- Mexico City - Leader-led orientation walk
- Oaxaca - Leader-led orientation walk
- San Cristobal de Las Casas - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- San Cristobal - Santo Domingo Market Visit
- Agua Azul - Waterfall Visit
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Lacanja River - Jungle Camp
- Palenque - Archaeological site (Entrance fee & Transport)
- Merida – Marquesitas Snack
- Merida - Leader-led orientation walk
- Playa del Carmen - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Chichen Itza - Archaeological site
- Yokdnozot Cenote – Visit and Swim
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Tulum - Leader-led orientation walk
- Caye Caulker - Leader-led orientation walk
- San Ignacio - Leader-led orientation walk
- Tikal National Park - Archaeological Site Tour (Entrance fee & Transport)
- Chichicastenango - Market Visit
- San Juan La Laguna - Weaving & Dyeing experience
- San Juan La Laguna - Midwife home visit
- San Juan La Laguna - Medicinal Garden
- Antigua - Leader-led orientation walk
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Cerro Verde - Salvadoran Pupusa cooking demonstration
- Leon - Leader-led orientation walk
- Granada - Breakfast at El Cafe de las Sonrisas
- Los Ramos Community - Cooking Class
- Monteverde - Leader-led orientation walk
- La Fortuna - Leader-led orientation walk
- San Jose - Leader-led orientation walk
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from San Jose are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Epic Central America tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 155+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Epic Central America tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 03 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 03 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Epic Central America tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Epic Central America tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle and public bus with your group, including an overnight bus journey. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers.
- You’ll be crossing the borders between several countries on this trip and, while it is usually straightforward, you may need to be patient. Make sure you’ve got your best car game ready if there are any delays!
- Central America is tropical, so expect a hot and humid climate. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun, wear comfortable, light clothing and stay hydrated. Air conditioning may not always be available in your rooms. Occasionally, properties may require an additional charge for the use of air conditioning.
- There are many opportunities to get active on this adventure. Some of the optional activities, especially the volcano hikes, require a moderate level of fitness and sturdy walking shoes.
- With so much to see and do, Costa Rica can sometimes be expensive. Expect to pay more than you would in other Central American countries for a lot of things.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.