- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- You've never seen true colour until you've been to a Mexican market. Practice your bargaining skills, snap some photos and pick up traditional handicrafts at the markets in Mexico City and Puebla.
- Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World. It's not hard to see why – strolling around the ancient Maya ruins feels pretty wondrous.
- Venture to the village of Vinales, where the smalltown charms are many. Spend your time sipping rum in quaint bars with locals and exploring hidden caves in the mountains.
- Pay your respects at the mausoleum of Che Guevara and receive a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the charismatic and highly celebrated Cuban revolutionary.
From city to country to coast, this is the perfect taste of Mexico and Cuba. Arrive in the mad metropolis of Mexico City and meander your way through jungle and ruins to the relaxed beaches of the Yucatan Peninsula, unravelling the magnificent mystery of the ancient Maya civilisations along the way. Jump across to the charming streets of Havana, where old-time American automobiles, richly scented Cuban cigars and an eclectic tapestry of architectures evoke a colourful past. Between the small-village vibes of Vinales and the fascinating charm of Trinidad, discover Cienfuegos and its blend of Caribbean and Parisian flavours. With plenty of time to swim, snorkel, cycle and hike, this Lonely Planet Experience combines Central America's most colourful and exciting destinations.
Oaxaca / Overnight Bus
San Cristobal de las Casas
San Cristobal de las Casas
Palenque Ruins / Merida
Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen
Bay of Pigs / Trinidad
- Hotel (13 nights), Overnight bus (1 night), Standard guesthouse (7 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle , Public bus , Local bus , Overnight public bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Mexico City - Leader-led Taco Crawl
- Mexico City - Leader-led City Tour of Historic Center
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Puebla - Leader-led orientation walk
- Puebla - Visit to La Pasita Bar
- Oaxaca - Leader-led orientation walk
- San Cristobal de Las Casas - Leader-led City Tour
- San Juan Chamula - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Zinacantan - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Agua Azul - Waterfall Visit (entrance fee)
- Palenque - Palenque Ruins (entrance fee)
- Merida - Leader-led orientation walk
- Chichen Itza - Archaeological site (entrance fee, no guide)
- Playa del Carmen - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Havana - Leader-led walking tour of Old Havana
- Vinales - Leader-led orientation walk
- Bay of Pigs - Coastal swim stop
- Trinidad - Leader-led orientation walk
- Trinidad - Rum Tasting in a Local Bar
- Santa Clara - Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum (entrance fee)
- Santa Clara - Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Havana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Mexico & Cuba tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 99+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Mexico & Cuba tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Mexico & Cuba tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Mexico & Cuba tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves some long days of travel by private and local transport, including one overnight bus. While this can be tiring, it's also a fantastic way to rub shoulders with the locals and get under the skin of a place.
- Mexico's climate is sultry and tropical, so can get really hot and humid. Wear loose clothing and make sure stay hydrated, especially while out on walking tours.
- The guesthouses (casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling and each room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water supply are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country – but we believe that this is all a part of the local experience.
- Part of Cuba’s appeal is its old-fashioned style – this includes the banking systems. Funds in Cuba can be difficult to access. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure.
- Luxuries such as air conditioning, plush pillows, and fly screens, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
- You might have to save your status updates and photo posts for when you get home, as Internet is hard to find, unreliable and expensive. Treat Cuba as a holiday from social media too!
- Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Continuing point description
Continuing point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers