- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Shop for Day of the Dead goods at Jamaica Market.
- Get into the spirit with face painting.
- Join one of many street parties.
- Witness a graveyard procession in a small town.
You might have seen it in the movies or on TV but now's your chance to experience the Day of the Dead in real life with this six-day tour. Explore Mexico City's markets and tuck into local street food. Get into the spirit with traditional face painting then join a citywide procession. Venture to a small town to witness the elaborate altars built in honour of loved ones passed. You'll walk away with a greater appreciation for this important cultural event and some incredible memories to boot.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Mexico City
Day 4: Mexico City
Day 5: Mexico City
Day 6: Mexico City
- Hotels (5 nts).
5 breakfasts, 1 lunch
Note: Allow USD160-210 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, metro, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: San Juan Market visit, Mexico City
- Mexico City walking tour
- Visit to Jamaica Market to learn about ceremonial objects used for Day of the Dead
- San Juan Market visit with lunch
- Face painting
- Day of the Dead parade
- Day of the Dead street party
- San Andrés Mixquic day trip with cemetery visit to participate in graveyard procession
- Free time in Mexico City
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Mexico City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Day of the Dead in Mexico City tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 42 today.
- Save US$ 28+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Day of the Dead in Mexico City tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Day of the Dead in Mexico City tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Day of the Dead in Mexico City tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.