- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Palenque Arguably the most enchanting of the ancient Maya ruins, set in dense jungle
- Oaxaca Explore the streets and markets of this delightful UNESCO World Heritage city
- Tikal (Guatemala) Discover this Mayan metropolis, where temples scattered over a vast area stand tall above the surrounding jungle
- Mexico City Anthropological Museum An impressive collection of precolonial artefacts
An exciting and varied journey through the ancient heartland of the Aztecs, Zapotecs and the Maya. From the foodie hub of Oaxaca in Mexico to the jungles of Guatemala, explore charming colonial towns and discover ancient sites including Palenque and Tikal. Some departures have been set to coincide with Mexico's Day of the Dead Festival. Palenque - Arguably the most enchanting of the ancient Maya ruins, set in dense jungle Oaxaca - Wander the streets and markets of this delightful UNESCO World Heritage City Sumidero Canyon - Take a boat trip through this towering gorge
Day 1 : Join tour in Mexico City
Day 2 : Mexico City tour including the Museum of Anthropology
Day 3 : Visit the Teotihuacan Pyramids and the Basilica de Guadalupe
Day 4 : Journey to Oaxaca; free to explore the colonial city
Day 5 : Visit the ancient complex of pyramids of Monte Alban
Day 6 : Journey to Tehuantepec via the Mitla ruins
Day 7 : Sumidero Canyon boat trip then head to San Cristobal
Day 8 : Discover the indigenous villages of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan
Day 9 : Travel to Palenque via the Roberto Barrios waterfalls
Day 10 : Discover the important Mayan site of Palenque
Day 11 : Drive to Frontera Corozal; travel by boat to Yaxchilan
Day 12 : Head to Flores, optional boat trip on Lake Peten Itza
Day 13 : Explore the great Mayan metropolis of Tikal (Guatemala)
Day 14 : Travel to San Ignacio (Belize)
Day 15 : Drive to Belize City Airport where the tour ends
- 7 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Fontan (3 nights)
- Casantica Hotel (2 nights)
- Hotel Calli (1 night)
- Hotel Arrecife (2 nights)
- Hotel Maya Tulipanes (2 nights)
- Escudo Jaguar (1 night)
- Hotel Casona de la Isla (2 nights)
- Midas Resort (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Belize City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Contrasts of Mexico tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 77+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Contrasts of Mexico tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Contrasts of Mexico tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Contrasts of Mexico tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.