- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Oaxaca Explore the streets and markets of this delightful UNESCO World Heritage city
- Mexico City Anthropological Museum An impressive collection of precolonial artefacts
- Tikal (Guatemala) The Maya metropolis, where temples scattered over a vast area stand out tall above the surrounding jungle
- Palenque Arguably the most enchanting of the ancient Maya ruins, set in dense jungle
- San Cristobal de las Casas A beautiful highland colonial market town, surrounded by modern day Maya villages
An exciting and varied journey through the ancient heartland of the Aztecs, Zapotecs and the Maya. From the foodie hub of Oaxaca in Mexico to the jungles of Guatemala, explore charming colonial towns and discover ancient sites including Palenque and Tikal. Some departures have been set to coincide with Mexico's Day of the Dead Festival. Palenque - Arguably the most enchanting of the ancient Maya ruins, set in dense jungle Oaxaca - Wander the streets and markets of this delightful UNESCO World Heritage City Sumidero Canyon - Take a boat trip through this towering gorge
Day 1 : Join tour in Mexico City
Day 2 : Mexico City tour including the Museum of Anthropology
Day 3 : Visit the Teotihuacan Pyramids and the Basilica de Guadalupe
Day 4 : Journey to Oaxaca; Day of the Dead celebrations
Day 5 : Visit the ancient complex of pyramids of Monte Alban
Day 6 : Journey to Tehuantepec via the Mitla ruins
Day 7 : Sumidero Canyon boat trip then head to San Cristobal
Day 8 : Discover the indigenous villages of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan
Day 9 : Travel to Palenque via the Agua Blanca waterfall
Day 10 : Discover the important Mayan site of Palenque
Day 11 : Drive to Frontera Corozal; travel by boat to Yaxchilan and drive to Flores
Day 12 : Free day; optional boat trip on Lake Peten Itza
Day 13 : Explore the great Mayan metropolis of Tikal (Guatemala)
Day 14 : To San Ignacio (Belize)
Day 15 : Drive to Belize City Airport where the tour ends
- 14 Breakfasts
- Historico Central Mexico City (3 nights)
- Hacienda de la Noria (2 nights)
- Hotel Calli (1 night)
- Hotel Diego De Mazariegos (2 nights)
- Hotel Chan-kah (2 nights)
- Hotel Casona Del Lago (1 night)
- Tikal Inn (2 nights)
- Hotel Cahal Pech (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Belize City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Contrasts of Mexico tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 114 today.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Contrasts of Mexico tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 July 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Contrasts of Mexico tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Contrasts of Mexico tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.