- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 13 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- max group size 24
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-37792
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Take an insiders tour of the sights and flavours of Mexico City.
- Tuck into the culinary scene of Oaxaca with a food and drink experience.
- Hike to a viewpoint over the mountains en route to the coast.
- Chill at the beach in Puerto Escondido and Tulum.
- Bike and swim your way through cenotes in the jungle.
- Take a guided tour of the massive Mayan site of Chichen Itzá.
- Descend into a cenote for a delicious spread of Yucatecan cuisine for dinner cooked over the fire
- Show more
They said it wasn’t possible, but we went and did it anyway: we combined the best of Central Mexico and the Yucatan into an incredible 13-day adventure that'll have you staying in awesome hostels at every stop. Discover hidden (and delicious!) corners of Mexico City before visiting the always-buzzing cities of Puebla and Oaxaca for even more culture and cuisine. Spend a couple of days at the beach, then fly up to Mérida for jungle bikes and cenote swims. After that, check out the massive pyramid at Chichen Itzá before finishing up at the beach town of Tulum.
Day 1: Mexico City
Day 2: Mexico City
Day 3: Mexico City/Puebla
Day 4: Puebla/Oaxaca
Day 5: Oaxaca
Day 6: Oaxaca/Puerto Escondido
Day 7: Puerto Escondido
Day 8: Puerto Escondido/Mérida
Day 9: Mérida
Day 10: Mérida/Valladolid
Day 11: Valladolid/Tulum
Day 12: Tulum
Day 13: Tulum
- Hostels (11 nts), Hotel (1 nt)
12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD235-305 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, public air-conditioned bus, taxi, plane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group. Insiders tour of Mexico City with included street food lunch. Boat ride along the ancient canals of Xochimilco. Typical food experience meal in Oaxaca with tequila and mezcal tastings. Hike to a viewpoint over the mountains en route to the beach. Beach time at Puerto Escondido. Excursion from Mérida to cycle between and swim in cenotes. Guided tour of Chichen Itzá and Tulum ruins. Dinner inside a cenote near Valladolid. Beach time at Tulum. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Insiders tour of Mexico City with included street food lunch
- Boat ride along the ancient canals of Xochimilco
- Typical food experience meal in Oaxaca with tequila and mezcal tastings
- Hike to a viewpoint over the mountains en route to the beach
- Beach time at Puerto Escondido
- Excursion from Mérida to cycle between and swim in cenotes
- Guided tour of Chichen Itzá and Tulum ruins
- Dinner inside a cenote near Valladolid
- Beach time at Tulum
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Tulum are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Central Mexico & Yucatan: Mexico City, Oaxaca, Oh Yeah tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Central Mexico & Yucatan: Mexico City, Oaxaca, Oh Yeah tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 02 December 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 02 December 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Central Mexico & Yucatan: Mexico City, Oaxaca, Oh Yeah tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Central Mexico & Yucatan: Mexico City, Oaxaca, Oh Yeah tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.
What do I need to travel to Mexico?
To enter Mexico, you will need a valid passport or travel document and a completed Multiple Migratory Form (FMM). Immigration officers may also request additional documents like return tickets, hotel reservations, letters of invitation or acceptance, etc., depending on the purpose of your visit. It is vital that you keep your FMM safe because it is also required when you leave the country.
How many days should I spend in Mexico?
Seven days will be enough if you plan to cram all the major highlights into your Mexico itinerary. However, you would need more time if you prefer an in-depth exploration of Mexico, its culture, and its people. Our guide on how many days to spend in Mexico provides a detailed answer to your question.
- Do the people of Mexico speak English?
- What is the best month is to visit Mexico?
Is Mexico a family-friendly destination?
Yes. Mexico is one of the best places to visit with family. The culture is family-oriented, and most tourist destinations would welcome your kids with open arms. The attractions in cities like Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Tulum, Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta are super family-friendly. You can rest assured that adults and kids alike would never run out of things to see and do.