- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get up close and personal with the country's diverse heritage, from the magnificent Aztec temples of Teotihuacan to the brightlydressed Maya folk of the hills of San Cristobal.
- Compare Mexico City's heady streetfood scene to the subtler fare found in Oaxaca.
- A guided walking tour of Old Havana sheds lights on the difference between the lives of city and rural life in Cuba
- Take in all the colours and aromas of Soroa, the stunning valley area known as the 'rainbow of Cuba' and stroll along the rural dirt roads of Vinales as tractors, vintage cars and horsedrawn carriages pass you by
Raise a glass to the vivacious beauty and fiery flavours of Mexico and Cuba. Discover the culture and landscapes of these fascinating countries – with a splash of enticing stops along the way. Discover Maya history and culture at the incredible Chichen Itza ruins and visit indigenous communities near the charming San Cristobal de las Casas. Indulge in a feast of delicious local food, with a chance to learn some cooking skills of your own. Wander through glittering colonial architecture in Havana, soak up the clear mountain air among Soroa’s vibrant mountain orchards, and admire Trinidad’s unrivalled ambience. Cuba's imminent political and cultural change makes it something to experience now before it evolves. From ruins to old cars to fragrant cigars and with plenty of salsa and mariachi in between, this trip has it all.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Teotihuacan / Oaxaca
Mitla / Oaxaca
San Cristobal de las Casas
San Juan Chamula / San Cristobal de las Casas
San Cristobal de las Casas
Palenque Ruins / Merida
Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Soroa / Vinales
Bay of Pigs / Cienfuegos
Santa Clara / Havana
- Comfortable Hotel (14 nights), Premium Guesthouse (7 nights)
- 21 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Mexico City - National Museum of Anthropology (entrance fee) (Closed Mondays)
- Mexico City - Leader-led City Tour of Historic Center
- Mexico City - Diego Rivera Murals in the National Palace (entrance fee)
- Mexico City - Metropolitan Cathedral (entrance fee)
- Teotihuacan - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson
- Oaxaca - Leader-led orientation walk
- Mitla - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Oaxaca - Guided full-day tour including the Tule Tree, a Mezcal distillery, and lunch in a Zapoteca family home
- San Cristobal de las Casas - Leader-led orientation walk
- San Cristobal de Las Casas - Leader-led City Tour
- San Juan Chamula - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Zinacantan - Maya Church (entrance fee)
- Agua Azul - Waterfall Visit (entrance fee)
- Merida - Leader-led orientation walk
- Palenque - Archaeological site (Guide, Transport & Entrance fee)
- Izamal - Convento de San Antonio de Padua (Entrance)
- Izamal - Leader-led walking tour
- Chichen Itza - Archaeological site (Entrance fee, Guide & Transport)
- Havana - Leader-led walking tour of Old Havana
- Soroa - Orchid Garden (entrance fee and guide included)
- Vinales - Leader-led orientation walk
- Vinales - Half-day Valley tour on foot including Tobacco Farmhouse
- Vinales - Farm-to-table dinner at an eco-friendly ranch
- Bay of Pigs - Coastal swim stop
- Cienfuegos - Leader-led orientation walk
- Cienfuegos - Palacio de Valle (entrance fee)
- Trinidad - Leader-led orientation walk
- Trinidad - Salsa Dance Lesson (1 hour)
- Santa Clara - Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum (entrance fee)
- Havana - Revolution Square
- Any international flights to Mexico City and from Havana are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Mexico & Cuba tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 198+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Mexico & Cuba tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Mexico & Cuba tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Mexico & Cuba tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Some included activities, such as guided tours of archaeological sites can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
- This trip includes time spent travelling in a private vehicle with your group. Extra space can be tight, and conditions may feel a little cramped. It’s all part of the adventure and a great way to get to know your fellow travellers. There are a few long days of travel, as you'll be covering a lot of ground. You will, however, make stops at interesting locations to break up the longer drives. Please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours. There will of course be plenty of chances to swim!
- It's a good idea to learn as many Spanish words as you can. Locals are very friendly, but can be shy, so you'll need to make an effort to break the ice. It's a great way to show respect and involve yourself in their culture.
- The guesthouses (casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling and each room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water supply are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country – but we believe that this is all a part of the local experience.
- Part of Cuba’s appeal is its old-fashioned style – this includes the banking systems. Funds in Cuba can be difficult to access. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure.
- Luxuries such as air conditioning, plush pillows, and fly screens, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
- Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it's available it's often unreliable and expensive. Treat this as a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Continuing point description
Continuing point instructions
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers