- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore Merida's less touristic marketplaces
- Sample the tastes and flavours of Yucatan
- Cook traditional meals with locals
On this Merida day tour you will discover a market not many tourists visit, pick up some Spanish (and Mayan), and learn how to cook regional delicacies!
Make your way to the designated meeting spot as we kick off your delicious Yucatan food experience. First stop will be a market that's always filled with locals to give you an authentic experience right from the get go. You will hear about the different types of fruits and vegetables only produced in this region, such as achiote, pepita de calabaza, and chile habanero. Next we stop by the butcher's to give you a real market experience as we shop for the meal we’re going to prepare. By the end of the day you are sure to learn about Mexican market customs and culture. The next part of the tour will give you the chance to cook and eat some of the most varied food in Mexico; Yucatan cuisine! While we cook, your host will provide you with an introduction to Yucatan by explaining local traditions, influences in culture and the differences between the Yucatecos and people from other parts of Mexico. You will even get to learn some Spanish and Mayan words! We will sample several dishes such as salbutes, panuchos or codzitos, and sip on traditional beverages such as horchata or 'jamaica' hibiscus flower tea. Once you're belly is full of authentic food and drink it is time to say goodbye and end this culinary experience.
- Public transportation during tour
- Meal: 1 lunch
- All ingredients for meal
- Local english-speaking guide
- Small group experience; max 12
- Accommodation pick-up & drop-off
- Other Meals/Drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Home Cooking Yucatan Style tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Home Cooking Yucatan Style tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Home Cooking Yucatan Style tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Note: We can help you to get a taxi back to your accommodation (not included) — the average rate is about USD 5 (depending on your hotel location).
Recommended Attire: We recommend wearing casual but conservative clothing. Outside of beach areas halter tops and very short shorts should not be worn.
Age Restriction: 6 years old minimum.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols