- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- duration 7 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Get deep into the jungle to discover the Yucatan underground caves
- Dive in for a swim in subterranean watering holes
- Learn about traditional mayan medicine and their beliefs
This amazing day tour takes you to the Yucatan's mysterious underground world. Experience snorkelling in the unique 'cenotes' (sinkholes) of Yucatan and immerse yourself in the local culture as you spend time in a traditional Mayan village. You'll meet with locals and visit a traditional Maya medicinal shop while you see some of the region's most precious treasures.
Please make your own way to the meeting point in the centre of Merida and from there we'll move as the locals do. Walk trough the colonial streets of Merida to catch the local transportation that will take us to a traditional Mayan village. Take a motorbike ride and get into the jungle to find 3 different cenotes (sinkholes), you'll hear the stories and mysteries about this gorgeous subterranean world.
Swim and snorkel in these cenotes, and if you dare, try to reach the bottom and some other hidden places inside these beautiful caverns. After this refreshing time, you will continue your visit in the Mayan Village where you will learn about the traditional Mayan medicine and listen to a prayer in the Mayan language to show gratitude towards the spirits and guards of these places. A local family will give you a taste of local life using their ancient cooking skills to prepare the lunch you are going to taste. To finish your adventure day, take the local transport back to Merida and make your own way to your hotel, or if you want, feel free to stay longer on your own to explore more in this incredible land.
- English-speaking guide
- Public transportation and moto taxi ride
- Entrance fees to 3 different cenotes
- Snorkel mask
- Small group experience, Max 12 people
- Other Meals and drinks
- Tips for guide
- Personal expenses
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cenotes Underground Snorkel tour. You can cancel the tour up to 33 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 32 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 October 2021, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 32 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cenotes Underground Snorkel tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cenotes Underground Snorkel tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.
Is necessary comfortable clothing and walking shoes. You’ll need a swimsuit and towel for this tour so you can participate in swimming and snorkeling activities in the cenotes. During the rainy season (May to September) we recommend bringing a raincoat or umbrella. Leave your valuables such as passports and credit cards in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash for snacks, drinks, and souvenirs. Keep large cameras discreetly stored in a backpack.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols