- Food tour
- Active and outdoor
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
Take an adventure through the heart of Argentina. This northwest region houses some of Argentina's most inspiring scenery, from colourful mountains and barren salt plains, to spectacular gorges and lunar landscapes. Woven into this tapestry is a strong cultural and gastronomic presence - throughout the tour, discover the indigenous heritage still found in the Andean region and contrast this with multi-cultural Buenos Aires. Wine tasting - Taste the specialities in vineyards around Cafayate, famous for their Malbec and Torrontes wines Magnificent scenery - Journey from arid cacti-strewn deserts to rich fertile forests and blinding salt plains Humahuaca - Explore the immense gorge and 'seven coloured mountain', and take a drive up to San Antonio de los Cobres
Day 1 : Join trip in Mendoza
Day 2 : Wine-tasting in Argentina's famous vineyards
Day 3 : Walk in the Aconcagua Provincial Park and visit the Inca Bridge
Day 4 : Drive to Barreal; night visit to the observatory at El Leoncito National Park
Day 5 : Drive to Villa Union through the Las Burras gorge
Day 6 : Explore the weird landscapes of Ischigualasto and Talampaya National Parks
Day 7 : Drive to Belen and visit a women's weaving co-operative
Day 8 : Wine-tasting in Cafayate and visit to indigenous Quilmes ruins
Day 9 : Drive drive to Cachi through 'Broken Arrow Gorge'
Day 10 : Drive to Salta through high arid cactus deserts down to fertile forests on the 'Bishop's Hill Road'
Day 11 : Discover Humahuaca Gorge; visit local villages
Day 12 : Fly to Buenos Aires
Day 13 : Walking tour of La Boca and Plaza de Mayo; free afternoon
Day 14 : Trip ends in Buenos Aires
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Hotel Crillon (2 nights)
- Valle Andino Hotel Uspallata (1 night)
- Acrux Hotel (1 night)
- Hotel Pircas Negras (2 nights)
- Belen Hotel (1 night)
- Los Sauces (1 night)
- ACA Cachi (1 night)
- Hotel Altos de Balcarce (2 nights)
- Hotel Principado (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Mendoza and from Buenos Aires are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wine and Landscapes of Argentina's Northwest tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 121+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wine and Landscapes of Argentina's Northwest tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wine and Landscapes of Argentina's Northwest tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wine and Landscapes of Argentina's Northwest tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.