- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 40 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience Melbourne’s colourful laneways.
- Travel along the Great Ocean Road and look out for the 12 Apostles.
- Hike in Grampians National Park.
- See the sunset on Uluru.
We don’t just label any tour as “ultimate”. But when you’re 40 days in length and loaded with the best experiences Australia and New Zealand have to offer, well, that’s the only word that’ll do this level of adventure justice. Starting in Melbourne, you’ll make your way to the beaches of Victoria, Grampians National Park, the Daintree Rainforest, the Blue Mountains, Fiordland National Park, and a traditional Maori village — and that’s not including a million-ish other places in between. If you’re looking for the total Down Under experience, this is it.
Day 1: Melbourne
Day 2: Melbourne
Day 3: Melbourne/Mornington Peninsula
Day 4: Mornington Peninsula
Day 5: Mornington Peninsula/Port Campbell
Day 6: Port Campbell/Halls Gap
Day 7: Halls Gap
Day 8: Halls Gap/Adelaide
Day 9: Adelaide
Day 10: Adelaide/Uluru
Day 11: Uluru
Day 12: Uluru/Cairns
Day 13: Cairns/Cape Tribulation
Day 14: Cape Tribulation
Day 15: Cape Tribulation/Cairns
Day 16: Cairns/Airlie Beach
Day 17: Airlie Beach
Day 18: Airlie Beach/Byron Bay
Day 19: Byron Bay
Day 20: Byron Bay/Port Macquarie
Day 21: Port Macquarie/Blue Mountains
Day 22: Blue Mountains
Day 23: Blue Mountains/Sydney
Day 24: Sydney
Day 25: Sydney/Auckland
Day 26: Auckland
Day 27: Auckland/Hahei
Day 28: Rotorua/Maori Village
Day 29: Rotorua/Wellington
Day 30: Wellington
Day 31: Wellington/Kaikoura
Day 32: Kaikoura/Hanmer Springs
Day 33: Hanmer Springs/Franz Josef
Day 34: Franz Josef
Day 35: Franz Josef/Queenstown
Day 36: Queenstown
Day 37: Queenstown
Day 38: Queenstown/Twizel
Day 39: Twizel/Christchurch
Day 40: Christchurch
- Hotels (36 nts) Rainforest cabin (2nts), Maori village (1 nt, multi-share).
22 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD1675-2180 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, sailboat, plane, boat, ferry, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Adelaide
- Your Discover Moment: Byron Bay
- Your Local Living Moment: Maori Village Overnight Visit, Rotorua
- Your Discover Moment: Franz Josef
- Your Discover Moment: Queenstown
- Melbourne Laneways Walk
- Brighton Bathing Boxes Visit
- Rainforest Walk, Great Otway National Park
- 12 Apostles Visit
- Loch Ard Gorge Visit
- Grampians National Park Visit
- MacKenzie Falls Visit
- The Balconies (Jaws of Death) Visit
- Sunset at Uluru
- Uluru Mala Walk
- Indigenous Cultural Centre Visit
- Mossman Gorge Indigenous Peoples Interpretive Walk
- Whitsunday Islands Sailing Excursion
- Barrier Reef Visit
- Pick-to-Plate Lunch
- Blue Mountains Excursion
- Jenolan Caves Tour
- Jamison Valley Walk
- Blue Mountains Scenic Railway
- Sydney Coromandel Peninsula Visit
- Hahei Cathedral Cove Scenic Walk
- Hot Water Beach Excursion
- Winery Visit
- Hanmer Springs
- Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise
- Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park Visit
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Melbourne and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ultimate Australia and New Zealand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 467 today.
- Earn US$ 311+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate Australia and New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ultimate Australia and New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate Australia and New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.