- Food tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 2 hours
- tour type Group
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the multicultural suburb of Footscray and learn about its history with migrants and refugees on this fully accessible tour
- Try the popular and freshly made, Vietnamese street food, Bahn Mi.
- Enjoy traditional Sicilian cannoli from this familyrun store that has been in business since the 1950s.
- Discover the strong sense of community in Footscray with a visit to the local arts centre and the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre where we will donate $1 AUD for every guest that joins this tour to both of these organisations.
Join a food-loving local guide and get to know the multicultural suburb of Footscray through its delicious food. From Vietnamese to Italian sweets, you’ll taste your way through the neighbourhood,learning about what makes the area so special along the way.
We begin by taking in the sights and smells of the Footscray market and taking you to our favourite view of the city that only locals know about. We pick up some traditional Vietnamese bahn mi – a firm favourite amongst Footscray locals.
We then visit a family-run Sicilian bakery to try some of their delicious signature dessert: cannoli. Hear about their history and discover the passion the locals have for their community. You'll enjoy an amazing coffee at one of our favourite local stops and discover how Melbourne got its reputation for having some of the best coffee in the world. We'll then Venture towards the Footscray community arts centre passing street art on the way and hearing tales about local legend, Franco Cozzo.
Discover indigenous artwork at the Footscray Community Arts Centre and learn about how this centre supports the local community we pass the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre and political street art to hear about how migrants and refugees have helped shaped Melbourne to be what it is today.
We finish in the heart of Footscray where we will be able to give you some recommendations for lunch and other places of interests you may like to explore after the tour concludes.
This tour is accessible for all including those with mobility impairments and wheelchairs.
- English-speaking guide
- A sample of Vietnamese Bahn mi
- Sicilian cannoli
- Coffee at one of our favourite local stops
- $1 per person donation to the local community organisations visited on this tour
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide
- Transport to and from Footscray.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 2 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Melbourne: A Foodie’s Guide to Footscray tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 October 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Melbourne: A Foodie’s Guide to Footscray tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Melbourne: A Foodie’s Guide to Footscray tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Outside Footscray Train Station, 37 Irving Street, Footscray, VIC 3011(near main entrance steps) GPS Coordinates of the meeting point: -37.801598, 144.901384Meeting end point :
FootscrayCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.