- duration 3 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Travel along Australia’s most acclaimed stretch of coastline with a scenic drive on the Great Ocean Road. This is one trip you definitely want to call shotgun on a window seat.
- Battered by the mighty Bass Strait, spend some time checking out the eroded natural wonders of the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge in the Port Campbell National Park.
- Take a onenight pitstop in Halls Gap to discover the rugged beauty of the Grampians National Park. Go hiking up to the Pinnacles lookout, and marvel at the stunning McKenzie Falls.
- Gain an insight into the diverse First Nations cultures in Australia with a visit to the Brambuk Cultural Centre, learning of the ancient stories of the Dreaming.
Drive to Australia’s southern hotspots on a fast-paced three-day jaunt from Melbourne to Adelaide. Stop by the world-class surf break of Bells Beach, spot wild koalas at Kennett River and be captivated by each twist and turn of the acclaimed Great Ocean Road. Soak up the dramatic horizon rendered by the Twelve Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge, learn about local First Nations history in the Grampians National Park and go chasing waterfalls on a scenic hike. With an expert local leader by your side and everything take care of, what’s not to like about a road trip between these two Aussie cities?
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
The Great Ocean Road
The Grampians to Adelaide
- Dormitory (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- 12 Apostles & London Bridge
- Koala spotting - Great Ocean Road
- Melba Gully Walk - Otway Ranges
- Swim at Lorne (Summer months)
- Loch Ard Gorge
- Brambuk Culture Centre
- Mackenzie Falls - Grampians
- Pinnacles Walk - Grampians
- Reeds Lookout (The Balconies) & Boroka Lookout
- Any international flights to Melbourne and from Adelaide are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Great Ocean Road Adventure ex Melbourne tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 12+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Great Ocean Road Adventure ex Melbourne tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 December 2020, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Great Ocean Road Adventure ex Melbourne tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Great Ocean Road Adventure ex Melbourne tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip runs both as a Basix- and Original-style Intrepid adventure. All passengers will travel together and enjoy the same inclusions; however, the only difference between the two is the style of accommodation. Basix passengers will stay in multishare mixed gender accommodation, and Original passengers will stay in twin share accommodation. For more information about the Original-style itinerary, please search trip code PAMA-O on the Intrepid website.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers