- Walking tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 20
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- The stunning villages of Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen & Zermatt
- A fantastic introduction to the delights of Swiss walking
- Trekking around classic Alpine Peaks, Wetterhorn, Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau and The Matterhorn
A fantastic introduction to the delights of Swiss mountain walking through two famous regions. This tour is the ideal walking introduction to the Swiss Alps, offering you each day a range of walks often with differing grades and distances, so you can decide the nature of the walking, whether it be a high mountain trek along a Bergweg mountain path, or a valley stroll on a Wanderweg lower level trail. There are many opportunities for spending time sightseeing and utilizing the extensive mountain transport system to shorten walks, leaving you with plenty of time to enjoy good fayre in the valley towns and mountain villages. You travel to the two most spectacular and classical postcard regions of the Swiss Alps. The peaks of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau overlook the valley towns of Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen while the celebrated mountain town of Zermatt lies just below the towering Matterhorn. Our programme of walks allows you time to take the mountain railway to the Jungfraujoch the highest railway station in Europe at nearly 12,000 feet. The flower-strewn alpine meadows in summer around Wengen and Murren and upon the Schynige-Platte walk are an unforgettable experience.
although staff not as charming or warm as the one in Meiningen or Grindelwald. Beautiful trip, really anticipated what was good to see. Good
detail as to what to expect. Swiss travel pass a good option.”
Day 1 : Arrival Meiringen
Day 2 : Meiringen to Grindelwald - various walking routes
Day 3 : In Grindelwald
Day 4 : Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen 21 km / 13 miles, 5 h
Day 5 : In Lauterbrunnen
Day 6 : Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt
Day 7 : In Zermatt, various walking options
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights accommodation in 2-3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes & maps (1 pack per room booked)
- 7 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Luggage transfer (1 bag per person not weighing anymore than 20kg) except between Lauterbrunnen and Zermatt where you take it with you on the train
- Emergency hotline
- 6 dinners, all lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- train from Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt budget approx CHF34.20 with Swiss card and 88.60 without.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Bernese Oberland and Reichenbach Falls tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Bernese Oberland and Reichenbach Falls tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Bernese Oberland and Reichenbach Falls tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.