- The stunning villages of Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen & Zermatt
- A fantastic introduction to the delights of walking in the Swiss Alps
- Trekking around classic Alpine peaks: Wetterhorn, Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau & the Matterhorn
- Many opportunities for sightseeing
- Trek along Bergweg mountain paths & stroll on Wanderweg valley trails
- Utilise the extensive, Swiss mountain transport system to shorten walks
- Enjoy good fayre in valley towns & mountain villages
- Choose each day from a range of walks - often with differing grades & distances
- Option to upgrade your accommodation
- Show more
A fantastic introduction to the delights of Swiss Alps hiking including stays in famous Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen & Zermatt. This tour in the Bernese Oberland is the ideal walking introduction to the Swiss Alps. Each day, you can choose from a range of walks including maps, route notes and GPX files. The routes often come with differing grades and distances, so you can decide the nature of the walking yourself. Whether it be a high mountain trek along a Bergweg mountain path, or a valley stroll on a Wanderweg lower level trail.
There are many opportunities for spending time sightseeing and utilising the extensive, Swiss mountain transport system to shorten walks. If you prefer even more time to enjoy good fayre in the valley towns and mountain villages, please ask our team for advise on where to add extra nights.
You travel to the two most spectacular and classical postcard regions of the Swiss Alps. The peaks of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau overlook the valley towns of Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen, while the celebrated mountain town of Zermatt lies just below the towering Matterhorn.
Our carefully prepared programme of walks allows you time to take the mountain railway to the Jungfraujoch. This is the highest railway station in Europe at nearly 12,000 feet. Stay in independent 2-3* hotels, with options to upgrade your accommodation.
The flower-strewn alpine meadows in summer around Wengen and Murren and upon the Schynige-Platte walk are an unforgettable experience.
Day 1 : Arrival Meiringen
Day 2 : Meiringen to Grindelwald - various walking routes
Day 3 : Grindelwald: free day with various walking routes
Day 4 : Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen 21 km / 13 miles, 5 h
Day 5 : Lauterbrunnen: free day with various walking routes
Day 6 : Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt by train, rest of the day free
Day 7 : Zermatt: free day with various walking options
Day 8 : Arrangements end after breakfast
- 7 nights accommodation in 2-3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities
- 7 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Luggage transfer (1 bag per person not weighing anymore than 20kg) except between Lauterbrunnen and Zermatt where you take it with you on the train
- Information pack including route notes & maps (1 pack per room booked)
- Emergency hotline
- 6 dinners, all lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- train from Lauterbrunnen to Zermatt budget approx CHF34.20 with Swiss card and 88.60 without.
- Excess Luggage
- A supplement will apply if you are travelling solo or book a single room
- Guide - this is a self guided holiday
- Earn US$ 59+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Bernese Oberland and Reichenbach Falls tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 May 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 May 2024, a deposit of 190 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Bernese Oberland and Reichenbach Falls tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Bernese Oberland and Reichenbach Falls tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure.