- duration 9 days
- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 6
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- A 9 day cycle adventure from Medellin to Salento
- Visit to our local community partner to learn about social justice in Colombia
- Small group experience, max 12 people
- Mountain bikes five days cycling of nine with full van support
Our journey goes far beyond Colombia’s coffee regions, live music scene and majestic mountain scenery as we’ll connect with former gang members now working towards peace and urban renewal via local organizations. Get first-hand insight into the problems of yesterday, the challenges that still stand and what the solutions for tomorrow look like.
Social Cycles will take you on a journey to interact and connect with local grassroots non-government organisations (NGOs) and the beneficiaries of a funded project of your choosing. Research what really happens on the ground and out in the villages with Social Cycles in a holiday that carefully balances ethical research and local impact with cycling and site seeing.
Day 1: Medellín arrival day and welcome dinner
Day 2: Medellín
Day 3: Medellín to Jericó (80km cycle)
Day 4: Jericó to Jardín (48km cycle)
Day 5: Jardin to Riosucio: To great heights
Day 6: Riosucio to Hacienda La Venecia: Orchid farms, birds an
Day 7: Coffee farm to Salento. Welcome to coffee country
Day 8: Salento: Hikes instead of bikes
Day 9: Salento: Departure Day
- All accommodation in comfortable hotels, based on twin share
- Full bicycle hire
- Local guides, support van driver and mechanic
- Full support vehicle for the ride with water and fruit
- Minimum two NGO presentations with local staff across Colombia
- Multiple field trips to villages
- All breakfasts, most dinners and lunches, as per the itinerary
- Single Supplement
- Flights to and from Medellin and Cali
- US$150 donation to NGOs (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Save +US$ 79 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.The distances between one hotel to the next can be extensive, so we have cherry-picked the best part to cycle in between, but it may only be 40 to 60km of the route. Each Social Cycles tour is fully supported so there is an opportunity for riders to take a rest in the van. Our goal is to exhibit the beauty of travelling Colombia by bicycle. It is not to rack up thousands of kilometres. Therefore, our style is recreational and casual. We aim to cater for beginner to intermediate recreational cyclists, not professionals or Strava enthusiasts.