- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Sumatra’s natural beauty
- Experience the incredible orangutans of Bukit Lawang
- Discover amazing wildlife
- Journey to beautiful Lake Toba
Sumatra is an island of extraordinary beauty. Discover its scenery, wildlife and cultural diversity on this extraordinary trekking adventure.
Day 1 : Join Medan, transfer to Bukit Lawang
Day 2 : Bukit Lawang
Day 3 : Gunung Leuser National Park Trek
Day 4 : Landak River Trek
Day 5 : Gunung Leuser National Park Trek
Day 6 : Bohorok River Trek
Day 7 : To Bukit Lawang
Day 8 : Bukit Lawang Village tour
Day 9 : To Berastagi
Day 10 : Climb Sibayak Volcano, transfer to Lake Toba.
Day 11 : Lake Toba Cycling
Day 12 : Lake Toba Boat trip
Day 13 : Transfer to Medan Airport, trip concludes
- 12 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 12 dinners
- Private vehicles
- Airport transfers (days 1 & 13 only)
- Expert bilingual guide
- 8 nights basic lodge on a twinshare basis
- 4 nights basic jungle camp whilst trekking on a twinshare tent basis
- Porters whilst trekking
- Permits and park fees
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in itinerary
- Medical kit
- Multi speed mountain bike
- All camping equipment including tents, sleeping mat and sleeping bag
- international flights
- departure taxes
- items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- expenses due to flight delay or cancellation
- travel insurance
- Tips and gratitudes
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 83+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sumatra Jungle Trek tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sumatra Jungle Trek tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sumatra Jungle Trek tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.