- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Seeing orangutans in the wild in Gunung Leuser N.P.
- Track Komodo dragons on Komodo and Rinca islands
- Snorkel with colourful fish and possibly even Manta rays and turtles
- Ubud, the heart of Bali's artistic community
‘Here there be dragons’ goes the old cartographer’s adage, and in Indonesia there are, with forked tongues, poisonous saliva and scaly bodies. Tracking Komodo dragons in the archipelago of the same name is just one of the experiences this vast country offers us on this two week trip through Sumatra, Bali and Komodo. We explore the jungles around Bukit Lawang looking for Orang-utans and various monkeys, take to the seas as we snorkel with a myriad of colourful fish and possibly swim with Manta rays and uncover the culture and natural beauty of central Bali.
Day 1: Start Medan, Sumatra; drive to Bukit Lawang
Day 2: Walk in Gunung Leuser N.P. in search of Orang-utans
Day 3: Full day with local guides in Gunung Leuser N.P home to Gibbons, Orang-utans,
monkeys and many different bird species
Day 4: Morning village walk and cooking demonstration; afternoon return to Medan
Day 5: Fly to Denpasar, Bali; transfer to Sanur
Day 6: Free day to relax on the beach or optional activities in Sanur
Day 7: After a relaxed morning; fly to Labuan Bajo, Flores
Day 8: Board the boat; look for Komodo dragons on Rinca Island
Day 9: Track Komodo dragons and snorkelling excursion to see Manta rays
Day 10: Final day in Komodo N.P. before returning to Labuan Bajo
Day 11: Fly to Bali; transfer to Ubud; Bali's cultural heartland
Day 12: Hike to Batur Volcano; visit Gunung Kawi Temple, Tirta Empul Temple and
Day 13: Free day in Ubud; optional trekking or rafting
Day 14: End Ubud
- 11 nights hotels and eco lodges, 2 nights on board a boat , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches & 2 dinners
- Travel by minibus, boat and internal flight
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Tour leaders throughout
- Any international flights to Medan and from Ubud are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Primates & Dragons of Indonesia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Primates & Dragons of Indonesia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 February 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Primates & Dragons of Indonesia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Primates & Dragons of Indonesia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.