- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the jungles of Sumatra.
- Trek in the shadow of Mt Bromo.
- Travel through beautiful rice terraces.
- Chill out at the world's largest volcano lake.
Get ready to hit the ground running in this 27-day whirlwind tour of Indonesia’s top sights. We mean that literally, too – you’ll stay active as you hike and explore Berastagi, Tangkahan, Bukit Lawang and more. Get to know the locals with a G Adventures-supported community homestay, trek to mighty Mount Bromo, and make waves with a surf lesson on Java. Beyond that, doing it all with a group of like-minded travellers is the best way to get the most out of this outstanding and special place.
Day 1: Medan
Day 2: Medan/Tangkahan
Day 3: Tangkahan/Bukit Lawang
Day 4: Bukit Lawang
Day 5: Bukit Lawang/Berastagi
Day 6: Berastagi
Day 7: Berastagi/Samosir Island
Day 8: Samosir Island
Day 9: Samosir Island/Padangsidempuan
Day 10: Padangsidempuan/Bukittinggi
Day 11: Bukittinggi
Day 12: Bukittinggi/Padang
Day 13: Padang
Day 14: Padang/Jakarta
Day 15: Jakarta/Cianjur
Day 16: Cianjur/Bandung
Day 17: Bandung/Yogyakarta
Day 18: Yogyakarta
Day 19: Yogyakarta
Day 20: Yogyakarta/Ngadas
Day 21: Desa Ngadas/Bromo
Day 22: Bromo/Red Island
Day 23: Red Island
Day 24: Red Island/Pemuteran
Day 25: Pemuteran
Day 26: Pemuteran/Kuta
Day 27: Kuta
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (22 nts), surf camp dorms (2 nts, multi-share), homestay (2 nts, multi-share).
25 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD240-315 for meals not included.
- Minibus, private vehicle, walking, ferry, train, plane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ngadas Homestay, Desa Ngadas
- Your G for Good Moment: Village Walk, Desa Ngadas
- Your G for Good Moment: Ancestor Trail Trek, Desa Ngadas
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surfing Lesson, Red Island
- City tour of Medan
- Hike between Tangkahan and Bukit Lawang
- Orientation walks of Berastagi, Bukittinggi, and Bandung
- Entrance to Bromo Tengger Semeru NP
- Mt Bromo crater walk
- Sunrise hike to Mt Bromo viewpoint
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Medan and from Kuta are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Indonesia on a Shoestring – Sumatra & Java to Kuta tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 125 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 83 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 21 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Indonesia on a Shoestring – Sumatra & Java to Kuta tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Indonesia on a Shoestring – Sumatra & Java to Kuta tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.