- Walking tour
- City sightseeing
- National parks
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Bliss out beachside on the Indian Ocean.
- Trek in the jungle of national parks.
- Chill out on Lake Toba.
- Get active in Bukittinggi
Now's the time to explore Sumatra on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Head into the depths of the jungle to spot orangutans in their home, sit in awe at the world's largest volcano lake at Lake Toba, and dip into local flavours from your beachside hotel in Padang. This trip mixes just enough must-sees and free time to keep you seeing every highlight (and more!) in Sumatra.
Day 1: Medan
Day 2: Medan/Tangkahan
Day 3: Tangkahan/Bukit Lawang
Day 4: Bukit Lawang
Day 5: Bukit Lawang/Berastagi
Day 6: Berastagi
Day 7: Berastagi/Samosir Island
Day 8: Samosir Island
Day 9: Samosir Island/Padangsidempuan
Day 10: Padangsidempuan/Bukittinggi
Day 11: Bukittinggi
Day 12: Bukittinggi/Padang
Day 13: Padang
Day 14: Padang
- Simple hotels (twin-share) (13 nts).
Note: Allow USD130-170 for meals not included.
- Minibus, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Padang Nightlife, Padang
- City tour of Medan
- Orientation walks of Berastagi and Bukittinggi
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Medan and from Padang are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Sumatra: Hot Springs & Beachside Bliss tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Sumatra: Hot Springs & Beachside Bliss tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 June 2021, a deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Sumatra: Hot Springs & Beachside Bliss tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Sumatra: Hot Springs & Beachside Bliss tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.