- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bliss out beachside on the Indian Ocean.
- Trek in the jungle of national parks.
- Chill out on Lake Toba.
- Get active in Bukittinggi
If the only thing you think of when you hear “Sumatra” is “coffee,” then we need to have a chat. If you’re looking to plunge right into a nature-filled adventure with the chance to see orangutans, here’s where you’ll want to be. Enjoy two weeks of city touring, hiking, and having a great time bonding with your fellow travellers. We’re pretty sure you’ll agree that everything is a highlight in Sumatra.
Day 1: Medan
Day 2: Medan/Tangkahan
Day 3: Tangkahan/Bukit Lawang
Day 4: Bukit Lawang
Day 5: Bukit Lawang/Berastagi
Day 6: Berastagi
Day 7: Berastagi/Samosir Island
Day 8: Samosir Island
Day 9: Samosir Island/Padangsidempuan
Day 10: Padangsidempuan/Bukittinggi
Day 11: Bukittinggi
Day 12: Bukittinggi/Padang
Day 13: Padang
Day 14: Padang
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (13 nts).
Note: Allow USD130-170 for meals not included.
- Minibus, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- City tour of Medan
- Orientation walks of Berastagi and Bukittinggi
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Medan and from Padang are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Sumatra tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 53 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 35 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 12 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Sumatra tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Sumatra tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.