- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bohorok Encounter Orangutans in the wild when trekking through the jungle in Bukit Lawang.
- Berastagi Stroll through fruit markets and climb the active volcano of Mount Sibayak.
- Samosir Travel by boat to visit the remote Batak villages, learning about their unique ancestral traditions.
- Lake Toba Enjoy the peace and tranquillity, with the chance for a refreshing swim in the largest crater lake in the world.
We spend 8 days taking in the rugged landscapes and discovering the unique wildlife of Northern Sumatra. We trek through jungles to spot Orang-utans, scale volcanoes for sunrise and enjoy rural village encounters on this adventurous trip through a lesser-visited region of Indonesia. Bohorok - Encounter Orang-utans in the wild when trekking through the jungle in Bukit Lawang. Berastagi - Stroll through fruit markets and climb the active volcano of Mount Sibayak. Samosir - Travel by boat to visit the remote Batak villages, learning about their unique ancestral traditions.
Day 1 : Join trip in Medan
Day 2 : Explore the city of Medan; Afternoon drive to Bohorok
Day 3 : Morning rainforest walk to spot wild Orang-utans. Afternoon optional walk in rice fields
Day 4 : Drive to the hill station of Berastagi; explore the colourful fruit market
Day 5 : Sunrise climb of Sibayak volcano. Drive and then boat to Samosir island.
Day 6 : Visit the Batak villages dotted around Lake Toba, learning about their unique customs and rituals
Day 7 : Morning drive to Medan; free afternoon in the city
Day 8 : Trip ends in Medan
- 5 nights comfortable hotel
- 2 nights simple hotel
- 7 Breakfast
- Bus, Boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Medan are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Sumatra tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 37 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 107 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 21 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Sumatra tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Sumatra tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.