- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Bohorok National Park and try to spot orangutans and monkeys.
- Watch the sunrise from the top of a volcano.
- See the terraced rice fields of Java.
- Visit a Buddhist sanctuary.
A staggeringly beautiful land of volcanoes and tropical rainforest filled with all manner of unusual wildlife, the Indonesian islands of Sumatra and Java call out to explorers searching for something otherworldly. This adventure mixes encounters with endemic animals with visit to coffee plantations, curiously European-like cities, and dramatic landscapes, leaving you off to explore the famous Balinese beaches. Indonesia is like another planet, right here on Earth. Beam yourself up.
Day 1: Medan
Day 2: Medan/Bohorok
Day 3: Bohorok/Berastagi
Day 4: Berastagi
Day 5: Berastagi/Samosir Island
Day 6: Samosir Island
Day 7: Samosir Island/Medan
Day 8: Medan/Jakarta
Day 9: Jakarta/Bandung
Day 10: Bandung/Yogyakarta
Day 11: Yogyakarta
Day 12: Yogyakarta
Day 13: Yogyakarta/Ngadas
Day 14: Ngadas/Malang
Day 15: Malang/Sanur
Day 16: Sanur
- Simple hotels/guesthouses (14 nts), homestay (1 nts, multi-share).
15 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD165-215 for meals not included.
- Walking, boat, private van, plane, train
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ngadas Homestay, Desa Ngadas
- Your G for Good Moment: Village Walk, Desa Ngadas
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Medan city tour
- Jungle trekking in Gunung Leuser NP
- Coffee plantation tour
- Samosir Island stay
- Jakarta city tour
- Prambanan temple complex visit
- Borobudur visit
- Mt Bromo sunrise visit
- Beach time in Sanur
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Medan and from Sanur are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Sumatra & Java tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 104 today.
- Save US$ 69+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Sumatra & Java tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Sumatra & Java tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Sumatra & Java tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.