- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore Bohorok National Park and search for orangutans.
- Watch the sunrise from the top of a volcano.
- Relax on an island resort.
- Learn where famous Sumatran coffee comes from.
Fabled for its rainforests and wildlife, Sumatra remains a destination most travellers resign to their “someday” list. Someday is now. One of the largest islands in the world, this lush Indonesian gem is ideal for adventurers looking for something beyond the ordinary. Beginning in Medan, this eight-day trip will introduce you to the impressive super-volcano at Lake Toba, coffee plantations, village life in Berastagi (famed for its delicious passionfruit), and much more.
Day 1: Medan
Day 2: Medan/Bohorok
Day 3: Bohorok/Berastagi
Day 4: Berastagi
Day 5: Berastagi/Samosir Island
Day 6: Samosir Island
Day 7: Samosir Island/Medan
Day 8: Medan
- Simple hotels/guesthouses (7 nts).
7 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD85-110 for meals not included.
- Walking, boat, private van.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Medan city tour
- Jungle trekking in Gunung Leuser National Park
- Coffee plantation tour
- Samosir Island stay
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Medan are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Sumatra tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 42 today.
- Save US$ 28+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Sumatra tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Sumatra tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Sumatra tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.