- Local culture
- Museum and gallery visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Gunung Leuser National Park is your best chance in all of Indonesia to see orangutans in the wild. This diverse ecosystem also harbours some 300 bird species and the endangered Sumatran tiger
- The excellent Bukit Lawang Eco Lodge provides a unique jungle experience, and by staying there you support the Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Programme
- Climb the Sibayak Volcano, enjoy a picnic at its spectacular summit, then head to local hot springs for some wellearned rest and relaxation after the descent
- Explore Lake Toba and the villages on Samosir Island. Check out Indonesia’s highest waterfall and a take a cultural tour that includes a traditional Batak dance performance
Far from ‘just another island getaway’, Indonesia is in many ways a whole world of its own, a sprawling constellation of distinct islands offering a staggering breadth of experiences. This immersive combo trip begins way out in Indonesia’s wild west – on the island of Sumatra – and travels east through Java and into Bali, giving a superb overview of the country’s diversity. Move effortlessly from Christian Batak to Hinduism to Buddhism, remote jungle to untouched beach to volcano-studded valley, culture-rich urban village to streetside warung to ancient temple complex. For lovers of South East Asian adventure, this is a journey not to be missed.
Gunung Leuser National Park
Gunung Leuser National Park - Berastagi
Mt Sibayak - Berastagi
Seloliman Nature Reserve
Seloliman Nature Reserve - Mt Bromo
Mt Bromo - Kalibaru
Kalibaru - Pemuteran
- Hotel (13 nights), Camping (1 night), Guesthouse (7 nights)
- 21 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Ferry , Private Minibus , Private Bus , Taxi , Train , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Gunung Leuser NP - Jungle Wildlife Trek
- Gunung Leuser NP - Trekking Lunch
- Gunung Leuser NP - Campsite Dinner
- Mt Sibayak - Picnic lunch
- Mt Sibayak - Volcano climb
- Berastagi - Hot springs
- Lake Toba - Sipiso-Piso Waterfall
- Dokan Village - Batak longhouse visit
- Lake Toba - Samosir Island day tour
- Lake Toba - Stone Chairs
- Lake Toba - Simanindo Museum
- Lake Toba - Batak Dance Performance
- Jakarta - City tour, including Chinatown, Fatahillah Square & Istiqlal Mosque
- Pangandaran - Green Canyon
- Pangandaran - Village & cottage industries tour
- Yogyakarta - Borobudur Temple complex
- Yogyakarta - Countryside cycling tour
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Visit
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Environmental Education Centre Lunch
- Seloliman Nature Reserve - Guided Walk & Herbal Drink Tasting
- Mt Bromo - Sunrise climb
- Kalibaru - Coffee, Cocoa & Rubber Plantation Tour
- Mengwi - Taman Ayun Temple
- Any international flights to Medan and from Ubud are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Indonesia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 165 today.
- Earn US$ 109+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Indonesia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Indonesia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Indonesia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Sumatra is less developed than other islands of the Indonesian archipelago. Due to limited tourism infrastructure, expect there to be bumpy and windy roads, some longer drives and more basic hotels. On the plus side, there are less tourists.
- This itinerary spend one night camping in Gunung Lesuer National Park. Keep in mind this is jungle camping with twin share tents and no facilities. Which is of course all part of the adventure.
- Gunung Leuser National Park is located in Aceh province, which is governed by Sharia Law. There are strict Sharia laws to comply to. Your leader will explain more, but conservative dress is required for these days, (and is recommended for the rest of this trip).
- This trip involves a fair amount of hiking and cycling. A moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of this trip.
- Java is one of the largest islands in Indonesia, and this trip covers a lot of ground. Travel times can be long and delays are common. Where suitable, you'll travel by train instead of drive, which will make the journey more comfortable.
- It's important not to make your bags too heavy, as you will be expected to carry them onto and off trains, and walk them short distances. Porters are available in most stations at an extra charge.
- Accommodation at Seloliman Nature Reserve, and near Mt Bromo is in basic guesthouses. Set on the edge of a tropical forest the Seloliman Reserve embraces philosophies of environmental education, and we are sure you will get a good nights sleep. The next night close to the base Mt Bromo our guesthouse is selected for it's location. Our stay is short, as we awake very early the next day for our sunrise hike.
- Dress standards in Java are more conservative than in other areas of Indonesia. Show your respect by covering your knees and shoulders when visiting temples. It's a great idea to bring your own sarong.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point instructions