- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the savanna from the air on a flight over the animalfilled Okavango Delta to Gunn’s Camp, which offers the chance to stay in the true heart of the African wilderness.
- Gunn’s Camp is a place where comfort and nature combine – a vintage safari camp with standalone baths and private outdoor showers in deluxe Meru tents, which sit on platforms overlooking floodplains and animals below.
- Take a traditional mokoro canoe ride out to an isolated camping spot and then swap stories around the campfire.
- Toast the African sunset while drifting in a mokoro on a lagoon in the middle of the Okavango Delta.
Embrace the great African outdoors in style and comfort on this four-day retreat to the unique Okavango Delta in Botswana. Touch down via light plane on the edge of the wilds of the Moremi Game Reserve and spend your days here relaxing amid waters that act as an oasis for wildlife. Explore the wilderness on foot under the guidance and education of your own personal guide. Enjoy an overnight camping trip in the wild on a truly authentic safari experience.
Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short packages that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-3 travellers, depart daily and offer the back-up of Peregrine, our local offices and expert resident guides.
- Lodge (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Boat , Mokoro , Plane , Private vehicle
- Okavango Delta - Bush Walks with Local Guide
- Okavango Delta - Mokoro Excursion
- Okavango Delta - Motor-boat Sunset Cruise
- Any international flights to/from Maun are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Okavango Delta Experience - Independent tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 43+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Okavango Delta Experience - Independent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 18 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Okavango Delta Experience - Independent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Okavango Delta Experience - Independent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip includes the chance to take several bush walks, but they are not strenuous.
- The Okavango Delta water levels can drop very low before the rainy season, meaning some water-based activities may not be possible.
- Our Independent Experiences have been designed for just one to three people, departing every day of the week for most Experiences. You can mix and match to create your perfect trip combination, then we’ll arrange the transport between each experience for you. You will have local guides at most destinations and activities. It’s independent travel without the stress.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules