- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Two nights in the UNESCO town of Matera
- Cycling through the Alta Murgia National Park, the largest natural park in Italy
- Charming hotels, all full of character
This seven night, self-guided cycling holiday takes in some of the highlights of Basilicata and Puglia in Southern Italy . Starting in the UNESCO-listed Matera, known for its rock churches and Sassi houses, you'll have a free day here to explore before setting off on your bike to head to the neighbouring region of Puglia. You'll ride to Gravina, one of the most important Roman cities along the Appian Way and continue on through the Alta Murgia National Park (the largest natural park in Italy) with a stop at Castel del Montewith its iconic castle. Your cycle route then heads to the Adriatic coast, to Trani, one of the oldest and liveliest cities along this stretch of coastline. Follow the coastline for the last two days stopping in Bari and Monopoli. taxonomy/term/310
Day 8: Leave Monopoli
- 7 nights hotel-to-hotel accommodation , Luggage transfers between hotels
- All continental breakfasts and 1 evening meal
- 5 days cycling
- Management by your local Headwater-appointed agent
- GPS route directions and maps
- /RideWithGPS/ navigation app
- High quality bikes
- Any international flights to Matera and from Monopoli are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Matera to Monopoli Cycling tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 80+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Matera to Monopoli Cycling tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Matera to Monopoli Cycling tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Matera to Monopoli Cycling tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.