- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ride from the stunning UNESCO town of Matera
- Enjoy gentle cycling through olive groves and past whiteconed trulli
- Sample fine seafood and wine from the famous Salento coast
- Stay in charming accommodation bursting with character
In the deep south of Italy,  nestled between the Adriatic and Ionian seas, lie the captivating regions of Puglia and Basilicata. This extensive itinerary explores the very best selection of all the cultural and natural treasures found here. Matera’s fascinating ‘Sassi’ houses and the UNESCO 'Trulli’ houses of Alberobello set the scene for the journey to come. After passing through idyllic countryside and the 'white city' of Ostuni, the route veers towards Gallipoli and the dramatic Ionian coastline. While riding across the famous Salento Peninsula, we immerse ourselves in the charming laid-back Italian way of living and explore a landscape made of olive orchards, limestone cliffs, crystal waters and Baroque towns. *Temporary changes due to COVID-security measures.**Last updated: 16th October 2020*At Exodus, we acknowledge our responsibility to have the most up to date information on anything that will affect our customers on holiday and to communicate this to our customers as effectively as possible.Our general global COVID security measures are described in our Travel">https://www.exodus.co.uk/travel-safety-charter">TravelSafety Charter, and changes will be made to these measures as required by the global pandemic situation.However, we also expect there to be requirements, measures and sometimes itinerary changes that apply to certain trips only, and may well be temporary measures. We have highlighted all known changes in the section below.*Entry requirements.*For all trips, having the correct documentation and visa, if required, remains the customer’s responsibility based on their own nationality. We, therefore, encourage all travellers to check entry requirements using the travel advice of their home nation for the relevant destination. For UK passport holders that is https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-adviceThe">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice">https://www.gov.uk/foreign-tra... Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) currently advises against all non-essential travel to Italy. Information on local restrictions will be provided and updated in 2021, closer to the time when trips be operational again* * taxonomy/term/310
Day 1: Start Matera.
Day 2: Ride past the historic 'Sassi' houses of Matera before heading to
Day 3: Cycle through the lush Valle d'Itria, past the picturesque fairytale trulli
houses to the hilltop town of Ostuni.
Day 4: Ride through villages and country lanes to a typical Masseria - a renovated
farmhouse - where we spend the night.
Day 5: Cycle to the coast and swim in the crystal clear sea before continuing
towards Gallipoli with its old town situated on a rocky island.
Day 6: Follow the glorious stretch of coastline leading to the ancient town of
Day 7: Continue along the shoreline to the Baroque city of Lecce.
Day 8: End Lecce.
- 6 nights comfortable hotels and 1 night 'masseria' (converted farmhouse) , All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- 8 days land only / flight inclusive
- 6 days cycling with partial vehicle support (limited seats)
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- 99% tarmac and some short sections of gravel
- Quiet rural undulating roads
- Local bike hire included
- E-bike hire available on request
- Tour leader throughout
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Matera and from Lecce are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycling Puglia & Matera tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling Puglia & Matera tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling Puglia & Matera tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling Puglia & Matera tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.