- Explore hidden souks in the Medina
- Visit unknown shopping areas, places that never make it to your guidebooks
- Learn more about local crafts with artisans
- Enjoy snacks and Berber tea at a café
The famed medina of Marrakech is a shopper’s paradise, but with literally thousands of shops packed into a maze of small alleyways, it can be an overwhelming experience — even for locals!
To help you make the most of the medina, this private tour takes you to the best shops, where local artisans are crafting and selling unique wares — no lousy souvenirs on this tour! You’ll meet with artists who are specialists in their fields and learn about their family businesses and their work, and feel the passion for what they do.
We’ll chat with you about your interests to create a customised itinerary that best suits your tastes. Your shopping extravaganza stops could include:
- A local leather shop where you can find Moroccan-style carpet bags, leather handbags, and jackets
- A jeweller specialising in silver and beadwork from the far reaches of Morocco
- A local herbalist where you can find spices and argan oil
- Our favourite carpet shop in Marrakech, which offers fixed prices (a rarity in Morocco!) and even a special discount
- A local artisan who makes his own range of leather shoes, including Moroccan slippers, and who can also make tailor-made shoes for you within 48 hours
- Exclusive access to a wholesaler of homewares/souvenirs deep in the medina
- Ladies’ fashion outlets, including a sumptuous caftan shop and a silk scarf vendor
- A wondrous lamp shop that sells a variety of high-quality filigree
- A veritable Aladdin’s cave of locally sourced homewares and furniture frequented by local riad owners and Hollywood movie stars
We’ll also provide you with a shopping map, so that even after the tour finishes, you can still seek out all our favourite secret shops during your stay in Marrakech.
As you browse, your guide will teach you the art of bargaining. Learning a few key Arabic words and phrases can make a big difference during your shopping adventures!
Along the way, we’ll also visit a few street workshops where local craftsmen practice their trades. Watch a master ceramic tile maker at work and stop into a filigree workshop where those famous Moroccan lamps are created.
We’ll finish off the afternoon with a rest stop in the delightful Henna Café, where you’ll get to try local sweets and try Berber tea. Best of all, it’s food for good: proceeds from the commissions of your tour go to a local women’s project.
- Local english-speaking guide
- Shopping map
- Shopping discounts
- Free delivery of bulky goods to your hotel
- Afternoon tea
- Shipping costs of your goods to your home country (most of our artisans are experienced with shipping bulky goods and can arrange this for you)
- Additional food and drink or items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
Lightweight, sleeved shirts, trousers, and skirts are respectful and will keep you cool in the heat.
Child Policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.