- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Stroll around the remote Fint oasis and share the life of a local Berber family.
- Explore the Sahara desert by camel accompanied by nomads.
- Experience a night sleeping under the stars in the middle of the dunes of M'Hamid desert.
- Hike up to Jebel Zagora and behold the richness of the Draa Valley and its people.
Follow the legendary trans-Saharan caravan routes and experience Moroccan kasbahs, remote villages, nomad life in the desert and camel riding. Sleep under the stars at the dunes of M'Hamid, gate of the Sahara, and visit iconic Moroccan locations such as Ait Ben Haddou and the oases of Draa Valley.
This fascinating, immersive trip into the heart of Morocco starts off in the city of Marrakech and continues on to the dunes of M'Hamid, tracing the legendary trans-Saharan caravan trade routes. It’s a perfect blend of cultural exploration and adventure. You will visit kasbahs, stay with a family in a traditional house at the Fint oasis, and enjoy the comfort of a typical riad (Moroccan townhouse).
Throughout the trip, you will learn the historical context and surviving traditions of the locations you visit. Spend a night under the stars camped in the desert with the Saharan people, experience a camel trek through incredible dune landscapes and a fertile oasis, hike to the top of Jebel Zagora to enjoy the magnificent views over the lush Draa valley, and discover the thrilling city of Marrakech, bursting with colourful markets and memorable encounters with locals.
Please see the itinerary for day-by-day activities.
Day 1: Arrival to vibrant Marrakech
Day 2: Crossing the majestic Atlas Mountains to Fint Oasis
Day 3: Enjoy a true desert adventure riding a camel
Day 4: Admire the fertile Draa Valley and hike up Jbel Zagora
Day 5: Across the Atlas Mountains back to exciting Marrakech
Day 6: A final day in Marrakech
- 4 breakfast, 3 dinners.
- 2 nights Riad in Marrakech, 1 night in a village house in Fint Oasis, 1 night wild camping in the desert, 1 night in a Kasbah-Riad in Ouarzazate.
- Guided camel-trek in the desert.
- Local guides and tour leader.
- All transports between destination and from/to activities in a Rug&Rock minibus with air-con.
- Financial protection in accordance with The Package Travel regulation
- Meals other than stated
- Sleeping bags
- Travel insurance
- Allow £5-10 for each meal not included.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.