- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 12-95 yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-40638
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Ride a 4x4 to a desert oasis to catch the sunset.
- Take part in a multi-day food experience and preparation of "tanjia": a delicious local specialty.
- Hike to a Berber village to have tea with a local family.
- Experience otherworldly landscapes and breathtaking desert views.
Can’t choose which amazing Morocco experience to have? This epic trip means you don’t have to. You’ll hike through the Sahara to a desert oasis camp where you’ll stay overnight and watch the sun rise and set over towering dunes. Next, you’ll explore the markets of Marrakech and Agadir, learn about regional cuisine with a tanjia-making demonstration, and then visit the Ouzoud oasis and waterfall for a refreshing dip and a delicious lunch. Then, you’re off to the coast! You’ll hike to waterfalls and a Berber Village for tea, visit the walled city of Essaouira and the ceramic market of Safi, before capping off your trip by kicking back on the beach at Oualidia.
Day 1: Marrakech to Ouarzazate
Day 2: Ouarzazate to Erg Lihoudi Desert Camp
Day 3: Erg Lihoudi Desert Camp to Rass Nkhal Oasis.
Day 4: Rass Nkhal Oasis to Skoura
Day 5: Skoura/Marrakech
Day 6: Marrakech
Day 7: Marrakech
Day 8: Marrakech/Agadir
Day 9: Agadir/Sidi Kaouki
Day 10: Sidi Kaouki/Oualidia
Day 11: Oualidia
Day 12: Oualidia/Marrakech
- Hotels (6 nts), Traditional Riad (3 nts), Desert Camp (2 nts).
11 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD220-290 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking, 4x4.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your Discover Moment: Marrakech Your Foodie Moment: Tanjia Cooking Experience, Marrakech. Visit to the Souk Lhad market. Sidi M'Barek waterfall hike. Bread making and lunch with a local family. Visit to Essaouira. A stop at Safi old town and pottery market. Free time in Oualidia and Marrakech, Cooking class in Marrakech. Food tasting in the medina. Tea on terrace overlooking Jemaa El Fnaa. Visit to Jardin Secret or Bahia Palace and Ben Yousset Medressa. Local bakery stop for some moroccan bread. Tanija pots lunch. Visit to Ouzoud, an oasis waterfall. Dinner in Jamaa Fnaa Square food stall. Film Studio visit in Ouarzazate. Welcome Tea and bonfire at Erg Lihoudi desert camp. A camel ride and 4x4 jeep excursion to desert oasis camp. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Your Discover Moment: Marrakech
- Your Foodie Moment: Tanjia Cooking Experience, Marrakech
- Visit to the Souk Lhad market
- Sidi M'Barek waterfall hike
- Bread making and lunch with a local family
- Visit to Essaouira
- A stop at Safi old town and pottery market
- Free time in Oualidia and Marrakech, Cooking class in Marrakech
- Food tasting in the medina
- Tea on terrace overlooking Jemaa El Fnaa
- Visit to Jardin Secret or Bahia Palace and Ben Yousset Medressa
- Local bakery stop for some moroccan bread
- Tanija pots lunch
- Visit to Ouzoud, an oasis waterfall
- Dinner in Jamaa Fnaa Square food stall
- Film Studio visit in Ouarzazate
- Welcome Tea and bonfire at Erg Lihoudi desert camp
- A camel ride and 4x4 jeep excursion to desert oasis camp
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Southern Morocco: The Sahara, The Coast & Marrakech tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 34+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Southern Morocco: The Sahara, The Coast & Marrakech tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 February 2024, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Southern Morocco: The Sahara, The Coast & Marrakech tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Southern Morocco: The Sahara, The Coast & Marrakech tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.