- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take a guided hike through the High Atlas Mountains and spend a night with an Amazigh (Berber) family in the traditional village of Aroumd.
- Travel through the Sahara Desert in a camel convoy and spend the night in a Bedouin camp, listening to tales by the campfire.
- Recharge with two days in seaside Essaouira and explore the whitewashed houses, lively port, and tiny alleyways.
- Explore Ait Benhaddou, a World Heritage site with a grand history and a long list of film and TV credits including Lawrence of Arabia, Game of Thrones, and Gladiator.
From the colourful, chaotic Marrakech medinas to the vast, serene Sahara desert, this tour immerses you in the rich cultures and landscapes of South Morocco. Stay in traditional accommodation and explore villages off the beaten track. Feast on tagine, visit the grand Ait Benhaddou kasbah, travel through the Sahara on a camel and relax in seaside Essaouira. This ten-day tour is perfect for travellers looking to discover the diversity of Morocco’s south in a short amount of time.
Ouarzazate - Zagora
Tamegroute - Erg Chigaga
Taroudant - Essaouira
- Camp site (1 night), Gite (1 night), Hotel (4 nights), Riad (3 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- 4x4 , Private vehicle , Public bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Aroumd - High Atlas Mountains guided hike
- Ait Benhaddou - Leader-led ksar walk
- Tamegroute - Ancient Library
- Sahara Desert - Camel Ride
- Sahara Desert - 4WD to Erg Chigaga dunes
- Tamegroute - Underground kasbah guided tour
- Essaouira - Guided walking tour
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this South Morocco Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South Morocco Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South Morocco Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South Morocco Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip has departures that run during Ramadan. During this time, some restaurants and shops are closed, but you'll get a unique insight into local customs. See Important Notes for more details.
- This trip involves plenty of walking and is best suited to travellers with a good level of fitness and mobility. More details on these included activities can be found in the itinerary.
- Accommodation on this trip includes a desert camp, a homestay, and basic hotels.
- When travelling in Morocco, temperatures can get very warm. Have a think about what time of year suits you best to travel.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Alternate Joining point description
Joining point description
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Alternate Joining point instructions