- Desert safaris
- Local culture
- Deserts and canyons
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 2-60 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities like horseback riding, quad biking & hiking
- Discover the Moroccan Sahara & explore its valleys and canyons
- See the sun set & rise over sand dunes. Camp overnight in the middle of nowhere
- Travel in comfortable cars. Stay in amazing hotels and try great food
Starting from Marrakech, this trip will take you to the dunes of Merzouga and back through the High Atlas Mountains, Ait Benhaddou and the valleys of Dades, Tinghir and Draa.
Cross the Tizin'tichka Pass, the highest mountain pass in Morocco located at an elevation of 2,260 m above sea level. Enjoy a rock climbing experience in the gorges of Todra, take quad bike on a ride in Merzouga and feel like a true explorer as you survey the dunes of Erg Chebbi from the back of a camel. Spend a night under the desert sky in a desert camp and discover the narrow alleys of Ait Benhaddou Ksar, where time seems to have stood still.
A fantastic combination of nature and culture, this trip also provides you with the opportunity to meet the locals and learn more about the nomadic life in the Sahara.
Traveling with you will be our experienced tour guides who will guide you through the activities included. For more details, please scroll down.
Day 1: Marrakech – Dades via the Tizin'tichka Pass
Day 2: Dades Valley – Tinghir Valley – Todra Gorges – Merzouga
Day 3: Explore Merzouga & Erg Chebbi Desert
Day 4: Merzouga Desert – Draa Valley – Anti-Atlas – Ouarzazate
Day 5: Ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou Ksar – Marrakech
- Marrakech pick-up and drop off. All transport as per the itinerary
- Experienced local tour guides
- Accommodation: Three nights in riads/hotels and one night in a Berber desert camp
- Dinners and breakfasts as per the itinerary
- Hiking in Dades Valley
- Rock climbing in the Todra Gorges
- Visits to local families as per the itienrary
- Quad bike riding in the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Henna tattoo with locals (for female travelers only)
- Horseback riding
- Fuel for car and quad bikes
- All lunches and drinks
- Entrance tickets to the highlights
- International/domestic flights
- Morocco visa charges
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like laundry and phone calls
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Travel insurance
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease note that we can add a couple of days more to the above itinerary at an additional cost if you want to. There is also an option to book an overnight stay with a Berber family in their tent. However, this is subject to weather conditions and is not available at all the times of the year. Feel free to contact us for quotes of the optional experiences mentioned on the itinerary above.