- Cooking classes
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 8
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn to make a deliciously authentic Moroccan tajine, from the comfort of your own home
- Learn the Arabic words for key ingredients
- Chat live with your local host, from the beautiful setting of a classic Moroccan riad
- Enjoy a delicious lunch, cooked by you!
Receive a Moroccan masterclass with this online Marrakech experience that will give you supreme, insider knowledge of tajine-making and the delicate art of market haggling. Smug home cook alert!
Note: This tour starts at 6pm local Marrakech time. Please remember to check the corresponding start time for your time zone. Your email confirmation will be in local Marrakech time.
Get ready for the ultimate virtual tajine experience. From market to plate, you will learn how to whip up a tajine from scratch, using ingredients you may already have. The best part of it all? You get to devour your tajine after you have made it!
During your hands-on cooking class, the chef will give you step-by-step instructions as to how locals cook the perfect tajine. You will learn about the key ingredients and spices needed to make it as authentic as possible – the perfect skill to learn from home if you can’t travel to Marrakech right now.
The class takes place in the beautiful setting of a traditional Moroccan riad (house), where your host will chat with you live about the riad and about life in the medina.
Finally, it is time to eat. You will get to savour the fruits of your labour and the food will taste even better as you have made it with your own two hands!
You will need:
A tajine or you can also use a Dutch oven
500 grams of chicken
¼ fresh lemon
¼ preserved lemon
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp ginger
¼ tsp saffron powder
1 pack saffron colour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cumin (to taste)
4 tbs olive oil
1 cup of water
Chilli (to taste)
- English-speaking guide
- Ingredients and supplies for your online cooking class
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Online Marrakech Experience: Tajine Cookery Class tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date -full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 September 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 September 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Online Marrakech Experience: Tajine Cookery Class tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Online Marrakech Experience: Tajine Cookery Class tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
From the comfort of your own home!Note: This tour starts at 6pm local Marrakech time. Please remember to check the corresponding start time for your time zone. Your email confirmation will be in local Marrakech time. Time zone converter >Meeting end point :
The comfort of your own homeCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.