- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Magnificent panoramic views from the summit of Mt Toubkal
- Vibrant city of Marrakech
- Experience the rural village of Imlil and the local Berbers'.
- Free transfers for any flight
During the winter, Mt Toubkal and the surrounding peaks of the High Atlas turn into a walker's paradise with empty trails, clear air and spectacular views over the Toubkal Massif. Starting from the bustling city of Marrakech we venture right into the High Atlas to climb North Africa's highest peak (4167m) amidst breathtaking scenery. Crampons and ice axes are usually required throughout the trip (depending on weather), but this trip is designed to be achievable by those who are fit and determined enough, even if they are new to winter walking.
Day 1: Start Marrakech.
Day 2: Drive to Imlil, short walk to Aroumd and free time to explore this remote
village, the gatway to Toubkal.
Day 3: Climb to Toubkal Base Camp, visiting the Mizane Valley and Sidi Chamarouch
Day 4: Ascent of Jebel Toubkal (4167m) the highest mountain in North Africa.
Day 5: Climb Jebel Ouanoukrim, or another neighbouring peak.
Day 6: Descend to Aremd, and onward transfer to Marrakech.
Day 7: Marrakech; free day to explore the souks or visit some of the historical
sites in the old city.
Day 8: End Marrakech.
- 3 nights 3 star hotels, 4 nights gite/refuge , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners included
- 5 days walking; 1 free day
- Group normally 4 to 10, plus winter guide and staff. Min age 18 yrs
- Altitude maximum 4167m, average 2600m
- Full porterage included. No previous ice axe and crampon experience required
- Free airport transfers
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Toubkal Winter Climb tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 38+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mt Toubkal Winter Climb tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mt Toubkal Winter Climb tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Toubkal Winter Climb tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.