- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A nontechnical ascent of the highest mountain in North Africa
- Magnificent panoramic views of the High Atlas Mountains
- Free time in lively Marrakech for sightseeing and shopping
- 2 leaders on all walking days for groups of 11 or more
Mt Toubkal, known locally as Jebel Toubkal, stands 4167m above sea level and commands superb panoramic views of the High Atlas Mountains. This trek is an energetic way to spend a long weekend with just three days in the mountains to approach, summit and descend the highest peak in North Africa. Passing through a Berber village we gain an insight into the life and traditions of these hardy and friendly mountain people. After our trek we return to exotic Marrakech to explore this vibrant and colourful city.
Day 1: Start Marrakech.
Day 2: Morning transfer to Imlil; short walk to Arroumd for lunch. Afternoon walk to
Toubkal Base Camp refuge.
Day 3: Early start for Toubkal ascent, over rocky paths with little vegetation. The
final ascent affords panoramic views. Return to refuge for lunch and continue
Day 4: Short walk to Imlil; transfer to Marrakech. Guided tour and free afternoon to
enjoy the city. (please note the guided tour will not be included in 2020)
Day 5: End Marrakech.
- 2 nights 3-star hotel with en suite rooms, 1 night gite and 1 night refuge with basic shared facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners included
- Free transfers to meet any flight
- Travel by private minibus
- Transfer by private minibus
- 3 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Altitude maximum 4167m, average 2600m
- Crampons may be needed for April and October departures
- Crampons if needed
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Toubkal Long Weekend tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 26+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mt Toubkal Long Weekend tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mt Toubkal Long Weekend tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Toubkal Long Weekend tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.