- Deserts and canyons
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- A nontechnical ascent of the highest mountain in North Africa Toubkal (4167m)Acclimatisation walks amid beautiful remote Berber villages
Mt Toubkal, the highest peak in north Africa, stands 4167m above sea level and commands superb views of the High Atlas Mountains. Our trek passes through impressive landscapes on well-defined paths and is, surprisingly, not too strenuous. As we climb higher, the paths do become steeper but the gain in altitude awards dramatic views towards Marrakech and the spectacular Anti-Atlas mountains. Passing through remote villages and terraced fields we gain an insight into the life of the friendly Berber people and finish with free time in the colourful imperial city of Marrakech.
Day 1: Start Marrakech.
Day 2: Drive to Imi Oughlad; climb Tizi n Tacht Pass (2000m) and descend into the
Day 3: Walk through Berber villages and spectacular mountain scenery, including the
Day 4: Ascend the Aguelzim Pass (3550m) and enjoy superb views of the Toubkal Massif
before walking down to base camp.
Day 5: An early start climbing scree before traversing the southern ridge to reach
the summit of Mt Toubkal (4167m). Enjoy magnificent panoramic views before
descending to base camp.
Day 6: Climb Mt Ouanakrim (4089m); descend to the village of Arroumd.
Day 7: Short walk to Imlil; return to Marrakech for guided tour.
Day 8: End Marrakech.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners included
- Free transfers
- Crampons if required
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Mt Toubkal Climb tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Mt Toubkal Climb tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 April 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 April 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Mt Toubkal Climb tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Mt Toubkal Climb tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.