- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Travel off the beaten path in Morocco, reaping the benefits of not only an allfemale group and private transport, but also the unique insights offered by a local female leader.
- Attend a weaving workshop run by a ladies' cooperative and learn how local females are taking charge of the economics of their rugweaving trade.
- Make the most of the opportunity to learn some basic skills at a traditional rugweaving class.
- Try your hand at preparing your own fresh khobz (flatbread), an essential part of every Moroccan breakfast.
Join Intrepid on our very first female-only adventure – an unforgettable expedition to the remote and less-travelled reaches of Morocco. Begin in Marrakech, where the wow-factor of the Maghreb comes in many forms, notably the spectacular Djemaa el-Fna town square. Then it’s off to the other Morocco, the one they don’t tell you about in the guidebooks. Break bread with Berber families in private homes in remote areas, see how an artist co-op is empowering female rug-weavers in small villages, take in the verdant beauty of the far-flung M’goun Valley, and enjoy the singing and dancing of Moroccan women in cultural ceremonies in small villages – far away from the bustle of the big towns. With all the hallmarks of a classic Intrepid adventure – local leadership, private transport, real life experiences – and an added focus on female travel and female empowerment, this is a unique opportunity for women to blaze the trail in an incredible but often conservative country – without compromising on safety.
Bou Tharar village
- Hotel 2 nights, Gite 2 nights, Guesthouse 3 nights
- 7 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Walking , Private minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Dinner with music and local songs workshop
- Cooking demonstration
- Rug weaving demonstration
- Traditional Moroccan breakfast preparation workshop
- Local folklore workshop
- Farming activities
- Berber make-up workshop
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Morocco: Women's Expedition tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco: Women's Expedition tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco: Women's Expedition tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco: Women's Expedition tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a female-only expedition visiting special places and events that only women can access due to local customs and laws. For this reason, men are not allowed to book a spot on this tour.
- This is an expedition, which means we will be exploring either a new territory or we will do it in a new way, or both. Please note that some things cannot be fully planned on such a trip therefore small changes to the itinerary may occur.
- This expedition involves walking from 4 to a maximum of 7 hours on Days 3-6. The walk will lead you through picturesque valleys but the terrain may be unstable in places, rocky and hilly. Consider appropriate footwear and necessary clothing, including a warm jacket and rain coat.
- Note that you are required to bring 3/4 season sleeping bag in order to keep warm at night. Even though you will be staying in guesthouses and gites, this type of accommodation may not be heated and therefore warm sleeping bag is essential.
- Due to the villages and locations we will be visiting, accommodation on this expedition is basic. You will be sharing rooms with other female travellers. On Day 5 there are two big rooms to share so you may end up with 5 other females in one room.
- Bathroom facilities on your trek are shared, but you can expect a hot shower each evening.
- You will have a chance to participate in different activities, from rug-weaving to baking and make-up workshops. While this is not compulsory, we’d suggest you come prepared to share some fun times with other females while learning some often not-so-easy skills.
- While trekking, your luggage will be transported on mules. You may not have instant access to your bags during the day so ensure you bring a day pack and carry essentials; sun-screen, water, camera, etc.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers