- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tap into the nomadic spirit of the Imazighen (Berbers) with a hike through the red earth hills and greendotted valleys of a place that feels beyond the reach of the modern world.
- Bring the families together as you break bread with a local Imazighen family in their village, getting an insight into daily life in the High Atlas region.
- Learn some new family favourites with a tea, tanorte and tagine cooking demonstration and, best of all, feast on the delicious dishes for lunch.
- Enjoy the comfort of your locally owned, unpackonce accommodation, where you’ll experience traditional Amazigh (Berber) hospitality and a pool to cool off from the Morocco heat.
The calm and comforts of Amazigh (Berber) hospitality await on this four-day Intrepid Family Retreat to Ouirgage, on the green edges of the Mt Toubkal National Park. Leave the modern world of Marrakech behind and journey to a home away from home to enjoy time to reconnect with the family. Surround yourself with the flavours and scents of this wild part of the country, and take the family on hikes the hills through small villages and farms, hang out with the locals, try your hand at making some iconic local dishes and, most importantly, take the time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the pool overlooking the mountains.
Marrakech / Ouirgane
High Atlas Mountains / Ouirgane
Ouirgane / Marrakech
- Comfort style hotel (3 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private minibus
- An expert tour leader
- Ouirgane - Welcome Lamb Dinner
- High Atlas Mountains - Guided Hike
- Ouirgane - Lunch with Local Family
- Ouirgane - Tagine & Bread Baking Cooking Class with Moroccan Tea Making Demonstration
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Morocco Family Retreat: Ouirgane tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 14+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Family Retreat: Ouirgane tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Family Retreat: Ouirgane tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Family Retreat: Ouirgane tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- This trip includes a hiking tour in the High Atlas Mountains. This will take approximately 3 hours and difficulty of the walk will be adjusted to group abilities. A basic level of fitness and appropriate footwear and clothing will allow you to fully enjoy this inclusion.
- If you wish to spend more time in Casablanca or Marrakech, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
- The weather in Morocco can be extreme. Summer temperatures can be uncomfortably hot, especially for those who aren't accustomed to the heat, so please consider carefully what time of year you travel. If you do travel in the warmer months, pack layers to cover you from the sun, bring the necessary sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. This is a great time to visit Morocco due to fewer crowds, however it may cause some disturbance to your travel schedule. Some regular services may not be available or open during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars. Please consider your travel arrangements carefully.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers