- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore a maze of narrow alleys in the walled village of Aït Ben Haddou.
- Learn to cook traditional Moroccan tagine.
- Discover a sea of sand on an expedition into the Sahara.
- Enter a world of color in the medina of Marrakech.
Discover the magic of Morocco on a journey that takes you from bustling markets to soaring desert dunes. Meet enchanting musicians and storytellers steeped in Amazigh (also known as Berber) heritage, and try your hand at cooking up colourful local dishes. Hike past stunning rock formations, climb windswept sands, and uncover ancient secrets in green oases and grand palaces.
Day 1: Marrakech
Day 2: Marrakech/Ouarzazate
Day 3: Ouarzazate/Merzouga
Day 4: Merzouga
Day 5: Merzouga/Dades Gorge
Day 6: Dades Gorge/Aït Ben Haddou
Day 7: Aït Ben Haddou/Marrakech
Day 8: Marrakech
Day 9: Marrakech
- Hotels (8 nts)
8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD200-260 for meals not included.
- Private air-con minivan/coach, 4x4 vehicle, walking
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout, local guides
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Sahara Dunes & Culture Excursion, Merzouga
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Atlas Film Studios Tour, Ouarzazate
- Your Foodie Moment: Tagine Cooking Class, Aït Ben Haddou
- Your Family Journeys Moment: Marrakech Henna Art Café Experience, Marrakech
- Arrival transfer
- Amazigh village visit and Amazigh pizza lunch
- Dades Gorge guided walk
- Visit Aït Ben Haddou
- Tagine cooking demonstration
- Walk in Djemaa el Fna square
- Marrakech medina guided walk including Saadian Tombs, Bahia Palace, souks and Jemaa el-Fnaa square
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Marrakech are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Morocco Family Journey: Ancient Souks to the Sahara tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 70+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Morocco Family Journey: Ancient Souks to the Sahara tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Morocco Family Journey: Ancient Souks to the Sahara tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Morocco Family Journey: Ancient Souks to the Sahara tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 7 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : National Geographic Family JourneysTrips for adventure-loving families in search of a meaningful way to discover the world together.
- 2. Service Level : UpgradedQuality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.